• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
quagmire

Interior Light Wiring

quagmire

My interior light doesnt work when I open the door so today I decided to investigate only to find that the door switches have been disconnected. The only wire I can find that can reach either side are green earth wires but the switch is 2 pin? Any ideas on how these are supposed to be wired up?

Edited by quagmire

j_turnell

It should just be a single wire, if you remove the plastic kick plates either side and find the loom that goes into the doors and there should be a single 1 pin connector off that.

quagmire

They're the ones I have connected up but still no light.

GLPoomobile

They are earth points. The light will be fed by a live, and then is earthed via the green wires connected to the door switches. When the door is closed, the contact is open, so no earth, no current flows, and no light. When you open the door the contact closes and the circuit earths.

I'd place my money on it being badly corroded door switches.

quagmire

The pins on the door switches seem to ok or are you saying they a rotten on the inside?

ade 4wd

The door switches are prone to corrosion. Dissconnect the switch and earth the wire at a known good earth point and the interior light should come on. Does the interior light come when you switch it on manually?

quagmire

problem fixed, thanks for the help.