• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
flipperthebushkangaroo

Rust Bullet

flipperthebushkangaroo

As title, is rust bullet any good, i have a friend who uses it on his real mini and swears by it. but I was just wondering what experiances any one on here had with using this on 205's?

Need to treat some minor engine bay, boot and sill rust before it gets hold.

Thanks as ever

Roddie

dave_gti

ive never tried it, but i have had these reccomended to me Rust Buster, so im gonna be using their products for underneath mine.

Last Legend

Never heard of rust bullet and I'm into mini's too (have a VERY early mk1 made in the first six moths of production) I hear good things about Dinitrol which are used as a rust preventative by Boeing and Volvo.

flipperthebushkangaroo

well i've been looking at various rust protection products and threads on here and i'm now more befuddled than ever!!!!!

i can understand how to prep and treat rust to the body work i can see but what about caverty injection? as the car is 20 years old would caverty injection products help or make things worse? if there is already rust there will i just cover it and let it fester or can it be treated somehow first?

Also practical classics mentioned RUST MASTER this month has anyone used them? or heard good or bad things about them? they are quoting £390+ VAT for the 205 or the MX5 with a £50 discount on the second car (like i can afford to do both!!!!!)

As ever you comments are welcome

Roddie

oz.

Bilt Hamber are good.

SurGie

Agreed with the ABOVE.