• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Will Eastman

How To Wire In A Seperate Front Spot/fog Light

Will Eastman

hey, i have been given a big old square lucas spot/fog light by my grandad who no longer needs it, and as i dont want to let it go to waste.. I am thinking of places it may be cool. so here are the options:

1.on the front hangin below front valance.(is a little to low here i think)

2.in the back hangin below rear valance

3.on the parcel shelf pointing backwards(to be used as a sort of reversing light, (this is my favourit option at the mo))

Any feedback on which you guys think would be great, and also how i would wire it in. I would like it on a seperate switch so not wired into fogs or reversing lights but dont know how to get the power there.

Thanks

Will Eastman

Anyone, could i just wire it into the rear fog light wireing?? That way i would be able to turn it on at flick of a switch.

ilovemypug
Anyone, could i just wire it into the rear fog light wireing?? That way i would be able to turn it on at flick of a switch.

you should connect the wires that come out of the fog switch to a relay, and then to the lights..

if you google it youll find some tips on the net.. i know i have done this and did find some interesting tutorial..

"fitting fog/driving lights"

but basicly it will be like this:

fog switch, relay, 12v supply, ground, fog lights

hope its any use

Will Eastman

yeh thanks, damn thought id just be able to splice it onto the foglight cable coming out the back??? no??? iv only just put the dash back in, typical.haha

Henry Yorke

Not being funny, but options 1,2 & 3 all sound horrendous!!! We are talking about a single lamp here aren't we? If so, I would mount it in a box at the back of the garage and not wire it to anything :mellow:

You may get some issues come MoT time with a single lamp on the front as I think they need to be spaced and above a certain height or something. You also need to have a foglight for the MoT as well. The wiring would not be thick enough to support the current.