• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Pugnut

Photographic Help Required

Pugnut

hi, tacking on my new roofskin and there's a discrepancy between the a pillars on the passenger and drivers side. theres 2mm or so play when the front crossmember is sitting in the channel, so i was wondering if someone could have a look/or take a picture of theirs to help me out. I dont think it would make that much difference in the fitting of the windscreen, but would rather get it bob-on before i go any further.

this is the photo of mine that i'de like to compare against. you can see the windscreen lip on the underside (inside radius) just poking through. i was wondering if someone could compare this against theirs.

DSC_6982.jpg

TIA , Al

EdCherry

Just taken some photos for you will upload when I get back from the workshop

EdCherry

th_DSCN3032.jpg

th_DSCN3031.jpg

th_DSCN3030.jpg

Hope they help a bit, can get some different angles if you need but not till sunday eve or monday eve.

Pugnut

Ed, they are great thanks. shows the cross member fully forward in the channel. the way the skin was fitting i had it tight at the back on one side and tight at the front on the other and i wasn't sure which one should go in which direction. only a MM or so in it, but work getting right!

Much appreciated.