• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Paul Smith

Solid Rear Beam Mounts

Paul Smith

Hi

I have purchased some solid rear beam mounts but am unsure where the fit on the rear beam, I had a quick look last night and couldn't see anywhere obvious they would go ? Any help would be great

Thanks

Paul

tomcolinjones
Hi

I have purchased some solid rear beam mounts but am unsure where the fit on the rear beam, I had a quick look last night and couldn't see anywhere obvious they would go ? Any help would be great

Thanks

Paul

lift up your boot carpet (if you have any) and you will see 2 plastic circular bungs at each side of the boot space, pull these out with a screwdriver or something and you will see a bolt in each hole. and also if you get under the rear of the car where your rear exhasut mount goes onto the beam, there will be a nut, same on teh other side. the mount goes between these. you need to remove the rubber square shape beam mount if it is still there. make sure you put the exhasut mount back on... and the propper way around! personal experiance lol.

swordfish210
Hi

Thanks

Paul

There's a guide to fitting them on the main site. FYI wrong section as well.

large

Also at the front of the beam you have a bushed mount that bolts to to the beam bracket that bolts to the boot floor.

tomcolinjones
Hi

Thanks

Paul

oh ye, the y obviously go between the beam and the shell. i had to put a bolt through mine, not shore what type you have tho.

pug_ham

Its worthwhile but not ideal without fitting the uprated front bushes at the same time.

You also need the bolts which fit through the floor, bushes & beam arm to go with them that aren't pictured.

Graham.

richardjw

I used the article on main site, farily easy job. Just need to smuggle the front suspension into work to push all the front rubber out.

Whoever wrote the main site article, cheers!

shalmaneser
Hi I have bought this

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/205-GTi-solid-rear-b...=item2a05bfc20d

Thank you for the advice so far, is it a worth while purchase? Not to worried just seemed a ood idea at the time

good upgrade with solid front mounts (do them at the same time, its a major PITA) but they seem a bit steep for two lumps of aluminium!