• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
blessed6383

Rebuilding/lowering My Rear Beam

blessed6383

does anyone have a link or know the tools i need to do this as will be stripping the rear axle off tomorrow for a rebuid also where best place to get replacement bearings?(cost?)

i did this jobs before a few years ago when my old on went and the tube went oval so thought id do it while cars sat off roadalso the cars beeen lowered but im not sure how much is there any way to tell? wll be lowering it arund 45~50mm on refitting hopefully cheers :angry:

dale205mills

Take a look at Rear Beam Refurbishment Guide by Wurzel at 205gtidrivers.com in the articles and there is the info you want or use the search at the top of the screen :angry:

blessed6383
Take a look at Rear Beam Refurbishment Guide by Wurzel at 205gtidrivers.com in the articles and there is the info you want or use the search at the top of the screen :angry:

do ou know where to get the outter bearings from tho?

jimistdt

Blessed , there will be some bearings available in a topic near you soon, keep your eyes open.

dale205mills
do ou know where to get the outter bearings from tho?

Miles at pug racing, will sort you out with every thing you need to rebuild a beam, just say Dale205mills sent you :D

richardjw

Just a quick one, I've just read the treads on lowering from previous years, cannot find the answer to....

Is there a way of lowering the ream beam 35mm, rather than 40-50 as the main site article states? I'm not planning to go too low, as i'd never get the car up my street - the potholes would ground out the car!!

Cheers chaps.

Baz

If you take the torsion bar out completely, then you have alot more adjustment as the splines are different sized at each end, you need a dummy shock or similar and set the beam to the desired height.