• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Miles

A Question!

Miles

As topic title, does anyone know the Part number for the std GTi front spring as I;m putting a car back to std for a customer and don't want to use old spring

martyn180

I think there are several, denoated by 2 stripes of colour. I know I had a t least 1 yellow stripe on, but couldnt see another. My local dealer where no help. I assume they are differnet poundage, but actually dosnt say anything in service box :-(

welshpug

You can narrow it down a little as they are listed "carburettor" "diersel" and "injection" but as martyn said, nothing more specific than that :D

5002 37 SUSPENSN SPRING 2 RED OR 2 YELLOW

5002 68 NFP 3 YELLOW OR 2 GREY 1 BLUE

5002 40 NFP 1 GREEN OR 1 YELLOW

5002 T1 2 RED 1 YELLOW OR 2 RED 1 BLUE

5002 37 is used for the TU24, i.e the Euro Rallye as well as an injection model

5002 T1 is also used on a carb model as well as injection models.

that's for P1 though, phase 2 injection has 11 different "injection" springs listed, 4 of which are not NFP, the two mentioned above, and 5002 A6 + 5002 33

5002 33 only used on Inj and Diesel 205's, also used on 405's so I guess these ones must be ones that are really bloody long for tractor ride height, also used on TU engined 306's.

5002 A6 is used on TU5JP phase 1 106's and TU3 with A/C, doesn't seem to be a sport model spring for them.

5002 T1 is used on the 309, and the 206, and a 1.1 non sport 106 :o

5002 37 is only used on 205/309.

need to find a concourse 205 without rusty springs, I still have my original springs but the paint is long gone!

one-lady-owner

Whereabouts on the spring are the colours? My springs aren't rusty so I assume the colours are still visible! It's a CAT model although I don't see any reason why that would mean different springs?!??

martyn180

Just a couple of stripes painted on the spring, could be top or bottom. I wanted to get new spring /br struts to clean my front suspention up, but wasnt convinced which spring to get, so if you can see them I think mine would be the same '1993 L reg Cat model'

Anthony

Just a thought Miles, but can your parts man at the dealer not narrow it down using the VIN?

Miles

I was trying to get everything in before the car arrive's on stock order as my current parts man's on Holiday and the normal Monkey is standing in so even getting any 205 part is a pain in the ****

Roll on next week and back to normal

luggy

Ive got a pair of old GTI springs and they've got 2 yellow marks on them :D

martyn180

Miles, if you find out which ones Im thinkingof adding a set of b4 to mine, I would like to know how they handle, as this is my future plan. i have k6's on the back, so think they should complement quite nicely

DamirGTI
Ive got a pair of old GTI springs and they've got 2 yellow marks on them :lol:

2 red marks here , on my old springs from Ph1 1.6 car ;)

Damir :lol: