• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
pugpete1108

Setting Ride Height Using A Dummy Shock

pugpete1108

sorry the go over this again (im sure i have asked before) but does anyone know the distance i need to set the dummy shock to for a 30mm drop.

i have searched lots and not really turned any real 'figures' i get that a 30mm drop would be -20mm from the std shock length. but is that fully stretched shock length or not??

i used this to reset my beam a while ago no worries but just cant remember what i was told then to set it too.

Cheers

pete

alync406

315mm is approx a 30-40mm drop on standard torsion bars.It will be different if you have uprated bars.Here is what mine looks like set at 315mm.

205rallycarfinished014.jpg

205rallycarfinished004.jpg

swordfish210

Last time i measured the 205 beam has an approx wheel rate of 5:1 so 5mm of wheel movment will give 1mm of shock movment. If that helps at all.

pug_ham
Last time i measured the 205 beam has an approx wheel rate of 5:1 so 5mm of wheel movment will give 1mm of shock movment. If that helps at all.

Peugeot factory quote a 3mm to 1mm dummy shock ride / height difference iirc in all the factory issued docs for things such as the challenge spec cars & older group N / A books.

It certaintly takes more than a 6mm dummy shock length difference for a 30mm drop on standard torsion bars anyway.

315mm as suggested is a good starting point iirc.

Graham.

Anthony
Peugeot factory quote a 3mm to 1mm dummy shock ride / height difference iirc in all the factory issued docs for things such as the challenge spec cars & older group N / A books.

Yup, that backs up my experience - I'd say it's a whisker over 3:1

pugpete1108

right dan has got -45mm springs for the front so could someone give me a rough figure for shock length for this?

i think about 310 ??

Anthony
i think about 310 ??

About 308mm or so, but be aware that will have you pretty much on the bumpstop unless you cut them down

pugpete1108
About 308mm or so, but be aware that will have you pretty much on the bumpstop unless you cut them down

i too thought it was a little low but thats the size springs he got so we gotta roll with it. tbh its mega low on the rear at the mo anyway so it may be ok as is, wont know until we get the front done.

jord294

if it's a std 205 gti beam i'd set it at around 310-312mm to match the -45mm drop at the front

although depending on your use for the car, -25 or -35mm is a more commonly used drop to the front

personally, i go for -35mm front drop and roughly 315mm for the rear. different if i fit a 309 beam