• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Carbs4me

309 Gti Rear Beam To Fit A 205?

Carbs4me

Hello All,

on my travels though this forum i can find very little to nothing about fitting a 309 Gti rear axel to my newly aquired 205 gti 1.9 which seems to be leaning over to the drivers side and is slightly resting on the rear wheel... Just curious to how a 309 beam improves the car, if anything on the car would need changing with the wider range... also will the axel sit diffrently because of the weights of the 2 cars, i should imagen the 309 axel will sit higher on the 205, i could be wrong.

Ive read the articles on fitting rear axels thats posted on the main site, but it only mentions the 309 axel afew times in there so wondered if theres anything that may be diffrent on the axels, when fitting.

Would i be better buying a reconditioned axel off either a 205 or 309? or is it easy enough to recondition the axel myself... i also seen that article on there was gunna read it but i was up last nite till the early hours searching for rear axels, and trying to find information about the 205/309 axel conversion, that i just didnt have time.

Also if any1 has got a rear 205/309 axel give me ashout if your intrested in selling it, i may be intrested, depending on location, as i live near preston.

Any advise or opinions are welcome! :lol: