• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Jamal

205 1.9 Disc Brake And Xsara Abs Disc Brake Rear Stub Axle Pins

Jamal

Hi!

I just bought a Xsara rear beam, and want to use the rear ABS hubs on my 205's trailing arms.

I know that the splines of the stub axles are the same, because I read a lot about using the Xsara VTS/306 trailing arms to have more negative camber at the back.

But I haven't got an 1.9 d/b stub axle to measure.

Has anyone measured or using the Xsara stub axle/Xsara rear hubs?

Thanks!

welshpug

I'm fairly certain the ABS stub axles are longer, the discs used are 5mm taller but the caliper sits at the same offset to the trailing arm.

Jamal
I'm fairly certain the ABS stub axles are longer, the discs used are 5mm taller but the caliper sits at the same offset to the trailing arm.

Hi!

So I only need to swap the stub axles between the to trailing arms?

I know that, the calipers are the same as the 205 ones. Maybe the console of the calipers has got a bigger offset, because the ABS things...

welshpug

no, the caliper design is the same, just a larger piston in them.

the hubs and stub axle are different, someone was supplied ABS hubs recently and found they do not fit a non-abs stub axle.

Jamal
no, the caliper design is the same, just a larger piston in them.

the hubs and stub axle are different, someone was supplied ABS hubs recently and found they do not fit a non-abs stub axle.

The Xsara VTS and GT6's has the larger pistons or I'm wrong?

My beam came form a lower model, but have the ABS disc brakes fitted.

So then it is not possible to push out the stub axle from my 205 beam, and use the Xsara's stub axle in the 205 trailing arm?

If I want to use the ABS rear brakes on the 205 I have to use the Xsara's trailing arms too? This is the thing I want to avoid, the more negative camber...

Edited by Jamal

welshpug

why do you want to avoid negative camber?

if you want ABS then you need the caliper bracket, stub axle, wheel bearing/hub assembly and brake discs from the Xsara.

ALL xsara's use 32mm pistons.

Edited by welshpug

Tom Fenton

As above you could swap it all from the Xsara VTS arms to the 205 ones. But I have to say I use the Xsara arms on my car and I'm happy with it.

Jamal
why do you want to avoid negative camber?

if you want ABS then you need the caliper bracket, stub axle, wheel bearing/hub assembly and brake discs from the Xsara.

ALL xsara's use 32mm pistons.

As above you could swap it all from the Xsara VTS arms to the 205 ones. But I have to say I use the Xsara arms on my car and I'm happy with it.

If I'm right the Xsara using -1,2 camber instead of the 205's -0,5. Not too much difference?

I know that more neg camber helps cornering at high speeds, but not damage the tyres(intensive wear)?

My car is for daily usage, not high speed cruising or track days, so this is the fact I'm fear of the more neg camber...

With my std rear beam, I have got approx. 1 cm space each side between the tyres and the chassis. With the more neg camber will the tyres rub the chassis?

Edited by Jamal

welshpug

doesn't hurt the Zx/Xsara to have Camber!

Can't comment on whether the wheels will be closer at the top, but with the ABS hubs they will be 5mm further out at the hub.