• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
spark-plug

Rubbing

spark-plug

Hi all :P

when going round sharp corners fairly quick :( and over bumps its rubbing the tires on the back its been lowerd 40-45 mm and i got speedlines with 50mm yoks on.Just about to buy a set of gaz shocks due to the stiffness of the shocks will it stop it from rubbing?. Going to be pushing it hard when sprinting also its scrubing on one side more than the other maby indicating a beam re-build?

Thx Dan

jim205GTI

Are the bump stops still in place? One of mine had come a drift and the back wheel was rubbing when there were mates in the back. Turned out i had lost one so replaced it and the rubbing stopped. :lol:

pug_ham

If you are at all uncertain about the conditon of your rear beam & intend to use your car for competition, rebuild it asap.

Graham.

Carbs4me

I had a 1.9Gti and lowered it 100mm and it rubbed it arse off only if you put some1 in the back so 45mm in my opinion wouldnt be so bad?

Recently i got myself a new 205Gti 1.9 but found im having the same problem but just on the drivers side, turns owt my axel has dropped on one side... you may be having the same problem... not to bad at the moment and looking to either replace or rebuild my exisiting axel.

I reconized it because of the gaps behind the rear wheels to the arch, see if the gaps are diffrent its properly gone, i cant get my fingers behinde the drivers side, but fitted a spacer up to free it, for the time bein.

BusEngineer

Check your beam mounts

My sandwich mounts (the rubber ones at the rear) had come apart on both sides and my tyres rubbed really badly

maturin23

I would seriously reconsider fitting a spacer to disguise a knackered rear beam.

When I first bought mine the camber looked OK but it was a little stiff at the back and planned a beam rebuild - I took it to a favourite roundabout with loads of space (fortunately) and got a sudden camber change under load that flicked the back end round like it was on casters. This wasn't the fun 205 lift-off oversteer - this was sudden and uncatchable.