• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
richardjw

Gaz Gold Suspension

richardjw

Guys, Need some advice....

I'm thinking of buying some GAZ coil overs and have not been in a car with them on yet. A few questions...

1) How comfortable are they on a road?

2) When on full hard settings, what is the rebound rate like, and does it skip on uneven surface corners, like Marhams corners?

3) What is the beat spring rate for a 306 GTI-6 engined 205?

Cheers for the help chaps, see you at a track soon....if i ever finish the welding!!

Cameron

1) Depends what springs you use, but my GGA's on 350lb are comfier than my GHA's were on 250lb. That's just down to better damping.

2) Why would you want to run them on full hard? The bump and rebound rates are linked so are adjusted together, I don't have mine anywhere near full hard even on track and it's just fine.

3) Depends what you want from it. One man's best is another man's worst, so you need to decide where you're going to do most of your driving - road or track, and whether you prefer comfort on road over performance on track.

Edited by Cameron

spark-plug

Im just about to buy a set too theres a guy on ebay thats selling set at like 380 deliverd maybe cheaper off ebay. coilovers on the front shocks on the back ive generly been led to belive there a good set for the money <_< and give a good balence between comfort and and track performence.

lemmingzappa

I'm running GHA's on 180lb springs, and I don't find it uncomfortable with daily use.

Cameron
Im just about to buy a set too theres a guy on ebay thats selling set at like 380 deliverd maybe cheaper off ebay. coilovers on the front shocks on the back ive generly been led to belive there a good set for the money <_< and give a good balence between comfort and and track performence.

Those are GHA's though not Gold's.

GHA are good value for money, GGA's are better but at pretty much twice the price of GHA they want to be!

Edited by Cameron

richardjw
1) Depends what springs you use, but my GGA's on 350lb are comfier than my GHA's were on 250lb. That's just down to better damping.

2) Why would you want to run them on full hard? The bump and rebound rates are linked so are adjusted together, I don't have mine anywhere near full hard even on track and it's just fine.

3) Depends what you want from it. One man's best is another man's worst, so you need to decide where you're going to do most of your driving - road or track, and whether you prefer comfort on road over performance on track.

Cheers Cameron,

Performance on track all the way. Onnly going to be an occassional daily runner, got a Diesel Golf for work.

Suprised about the bump and rebound being linked, the Ohlins on my Ducati R was adjustable for both, get what you pay for i suppose.

Thank you for the help, Gold with 350 spring on order Tuesday!

Cameron

Yeah that surprised me too, I'd rather they were adjustable separately but never mind. When I ordered them they were pretty adamant that they knew the best settings for a 205 race car so I just trusted their judgement.

Rippthrough
the Ohlins on my Ducati R was adjustable for both, get what you pay for i suppose.

Go price some Ohlins up :(

Externals adjusters are expensive.

Accurate external adjusters are even more so :P

richardjw
Go price some Ohlins up :(

Externals adjusters are expensive.

Accurate external adjusters are even more so :P

Not sure i want to buy Ohlins twice in one lifetime! WOW they were seriously expensive.

Will be going for GAZ gold with 350lb, with top mounts.

Cheers