• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
1 FAT PUG

Wheel Alignment

1 FAT PUG

just changed the springs on my 1.9 and noticed the passengers wheel sits level with the arch but the drivers seems to sit in a bit, is there something i have done wrong .??

thanks in advance :)

MerlinGTI

The one thats sitting in sounds like it has more negitive camber. (or the other one has to much positive)

Something is probably bent (probably a shock), getting it laser 4 wheel aligned will let you know exactly whats going on.

Was it like this before you twiddled with the springs? Are the springs sitting right in the 'cups'?

1 FAT PUG

i didnt really notice if it was like this before, yea springs are sat where they should be, also forgot to put i changed drop links and track rod ends at the same time

MerlinGTI

TRE as well?

Defo needs a geo now mate :) If you want a puckka one look for a place that uses the HUNTER DSP 600 setup. Making sure you dont get a numpty doing it is just as important.

Should cost around 60ish.

EDIT: When you say 'sitting in a bit' do you mean on a vertical or horizontal axis? If just horizontal ignore my camber comment. Still worth having a geo though imo. Measuring threads when changing TRE's is about as inaccurate as it gets, the fact you have changed springs too (for lowered I presume?) means the toe would have changed anyways. Infact just new identical springs would change the toe a bit due to being stiffer than the old ones. In Short Geo :D Well worth the money.

Edited by MerlinGTI

1 FAT PUG

its on a virticle, when you look down on the wheel from the arch one side seems to sit level with the arch but the other wheel sits back in a little, the wheel looks pretty virticle tho, can you adjust the camber of the wheel by not getting the shocker sat quite where it should be.?? as there isnt like locating pegs is there for them to sit in a certain place, ill be taking it for tracking wednesday but it doesnt feel a great deal out. the car was already lowered but i had a spring that snapped the other day, its roughly the same ride height aswell

MerlinGTI

It be camber then. Theres no adjustment on standard 205 top mounts.

I know what you mean about locating pegs etc.. BMW Stylee. Snap them off and adjust away, not on a 205 im afraid.