• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
spark-plug

Brakes And Suspension

spark-plug

Please dont have a go im new did the seach but couldent find what i was looking for :)

Ok im curently building a sprint car ive got a 1.9 205 gti and am trying to to the gti-6 brake conversion and have just recived brand spanking lucus type calipers and carriors hope there the right type? which lines do i need to buy the 205 brake lines or the gti-6 lines?

as for my next question im looking to upgrade my suspention was thinking coilovers maybe AVO which are 500 deliverd or perhaps d2 and opinones and how hard is it to disable the torshion bar so the rear coilovers take controle? or is it better to fit gti-6 rear shocks and somthing like bliston fronts?

any help would be gr8 thx Dan

zebedy101

When my 205 brakes were converted I was able to use the lines that were already there, I'm not sure if they were 1.6 or 1.9 lines though as the calipers I took off were 1.9 ones.

SurGie

You will get more help if you did not use TXT speak, ok mate ?

spark-plug

Please don't have a go I'm new did the search but couldn't find what i was looking for :)

OK I'm currently building a sprint car Ive got a 1.9 205 GTI and am trying to to the GTI-6 brake conversion. I have just received brand spanking new Lucas type calipers and carriers hope there the right type?. Which lines do i need to buy the 205 brake lines or the gti-6 lines? or do they both fit?.As for my next question I'm looking to upgrade my suspension was thinking coil overs maybe AVO which are 500 delivered or perhaps d2 and opinions and how hard is it to disable the torsion bar so the rear coilovers take control? or is it better to fit gti-6 rear shocks and something like bliston fronts?

Any help would be appreciated Dan

alync406

I think that the 205 brake hoses fit ok with GTi6 brake calipers.

I would'nt think there would be any point going for the D2 coilovers,they are cheap for a reason.The AVo's would probably be ok.Bilstein are a popular choice as the are very good,would be more expensive than the avo's.

To fit coilovers to the rear is alot of work.You would have to add turrets to the rear of the car,it would be a very expensive job.You would probably be better using bilstein shocks and mabye uprating the torsion bars/anti-roll bar if you wanted to.

spark-plug

Hmm thx for the advice i think because its only a month before the season starts prob best not to go coilovers then also bit of a grey area with the Regs. Dident know u could get uprated torshion bars do they make mutch of a difrence? another thing was pollly bushing reading on here a lot of people go for all new standerd bushes because the poly bush sets never fit properly?

alync406

People recon that the standard bushes last longer than poly bushes.The genuine bushes are a fairly solid bush anyway as they have steel in the bush also.

Uprated torsion bars would make the same sort of difference as fitting higher lbs springs.

Some championships don't really allow adjustable coilovers but you can normally use fixed height coilovers,do the same job only you can't adjust the ride height only by changing springs.

spark-plug

awsome were can i get a good full set of genuine bushes but not at silly prices?

shalmaneser
awsome were can i get a good full set of genuine bushes but not at silly prices?

Your friendly local peugeot dealer can supply at the cheapest price. You can get the complete kit with bolts too for 25 odd quid i think. I'm running polys and they seem to be fine but i did get them ready fitted to my 309 bones and a know a lot of people don't get on with them.

For the GTI-6 brake conversion you need longer braided lines so the flexi is not put under tension at full lock. Miles (member on here) does excellent quality replacements that can be bought on Ebay. It is an MOT fail if you don't fit these bits.

Upgraded torsion bars are a must if you're fitting stiffer springs on the front unless you want your car to understeer like a dog. Some upgraded TBs and ARBs are available on Ebay at the moment and seem like a good buy - there's a topic in this section all about them. Solid rear beam mounts are also a good idea, and a rebuilt rear beam will likely be necessary as most rear beams are shot by now.

spark-plug

ok ideal ill go have a look an see if somone has posted anything about re-building the rear beam.As for bushes your prob right need to go to main dealer as for the brake conversion been done over was told they were gti-6 but there for the 307 :o

spark-plug

Also i cant seem to find any TBs or ARBs any other places i can try?

shalmaneser

I searched '+torsion +bar +ebay' in this forum only as this was the first result...

http://forum.205gtidrivers.com/index.php?s...20ebay&st=0

seems that '205turbo' is the man to speak to, and he's pitcrew too so hopefully not going to skank you!

stutto

There are beam lowering/swapping/refurb guides on the main site.

If these don't cover something, a few minutes searching (we all know the search on this site can be frustrating) should cover most things.

spark-plug

Ok thx ive contacted '205 turbo' see what he comes back with. As for seaching the site about beam refurb guide ect there no one topic that explains it all but getting bits from each one i look at so should get a general picture soon <_<

Gibbo GTI

Contact Anthony on here, he is having some 23mm torsion bars and a 24mm rear anti roll bar made up for me.

shalmaneser
Ok thx ive contacted '205 turbo' see what he comes back with. As for seaching the site about beam refurb guide ect there no one topic that explains it all but getting bits from each one i look at so should get a general picture soon <_<

http://www.205gtidrivers.com/articles.php?...-rearbeamrefurb

This is a good place to start FWIW.

It's a massive pain in the arse BTW, go not attempt to do it in a weekend lol! Several guys here rebuild beams to a very high standard and it might be worth paying the (small amount) extra for them to get their hands dirty....

spark-plug

ideal hmm ya u could be right but i live in cornwall anyone near me ?