• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
alfer

Vibrations On Unsmooth Roads

alfer

On the drive back from work today, I noticed some vibrations coming from by the sounds of it the front of the car when driving on a uneven road/speed bumps, On the smooth tarmac it didn't make a noise.

After reading a few threads where similar symptoms were had i have narrowed it down to CV joints, Drive Shafts and wheel bearings.

Is there any other culprits?

Has any one else had similar issues ?

Pete

richsmells

Are the sounds related to speed? This would point to a drive train issue. Can you feel it through the steering wheel or pedals?

Other things that knock could be engine mounts, suspension top mounts, droplink joints, exhaust mounts, loose shock absorber bolts... the list goes on.

These are all causes of odd noises i've heard and traced. I had particular difficulty working out what was causing mine to make a racket on uneven surfaces and speed bumps. It turned out to be a knackered ARB droplink, but it only became apparrent when I got underneath and levered the joint with a big bar.

Edited by richsmells

alfer

nope, same kind of sounds wether fast or slow, cant feel it threw peddles nor the steering wheel. The exhaust has been changed which could be a possibility. whilst im asking bit of topic but the exhaust bush (one between the down-pipe and the mani) is it ment to be exposed or covered?

Back on Topic. Had a rummage around under the bonnet and noticed that i think one of the track rod arms possibly is lose as it seems to move really easy on its ball joints ?