• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
pacmannewry

Help Needed

pacmannewry

Quick quesion - my father-in-law removed my back beam (standard 1.6 gti) against my wishes to rotate the torsion bars (yes I told him he didn't need to but he never listens and the car is parked at his house as he has more space).

In doing so, not only did he cut all the brake pipes but he also removed the two brackets that hold the brake hoses away from the drums. Now he can't remember where they were attached and has already put the beam back on (yes - I do wish I owned a gun :) ).

Does anyone have a photo of where they attach as for the life of me, I can't seem to figure it out and neither can he?

Cheers in advance and sorry for being a pain.

pug_ham

The only hose guides on a 1.6 GTI rear beam are fitted behind the nut on the lower shock bolt as per the picture below but you can ignore the fact the pictured beam has rear discs, that bracket is the same on them all.

miami002-2.jpg

picture courtesy of jord294.

Graham.

pacmannewry

That looks like them alright Graham - many thanks. B)

Graham, is there meant to be a washer inbetween the nut and the brake bracket? I picked some up from Peugeot 18 months ago and used them, but just looking on service box it seems to indicate that a washer is only used with ABS brakes? Maybe it doesn't matter either way, but just wondering.

jord294

no washer needed 2052006

Hmm, as I thought - Peugeot parts desk strikes again :lol: . Don't think I had access to service box then ;)