• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Jackman

Tu To Gti Subframe.

Jackman

Can someone clear this all up for me please!

I'm currently switching to a GTi subframe and am at the point of bolting on!

I snapped one of the front bolts getting mine off, but was told they aren't fitted with these anyway and need to switch! (Even though my D Turbo has the same setup as my Rallye)

I've been to peugeot today and bought the bolts from a GTi

Where exactly do i put the nut?

8ae81ae8.jpg

Thanks!

Edited by Jackman

blessed6383

not sure where they go mate but are you fitting the gti subframe to run a gti engne? if so no problem just fitted an mi16 in mine what was thought to be a gti sub frame only to find out it was but the gear linkage bracket had been moved to run a tu engine and box and it was welded in different place boy was i pissed lol

jaked

Hi, not sure if this will help or not? Might help?

I've been doing some searching as I'm re-fitting my XS subframe, and seem to have cross threaded one of the bolts that fixes the rubber mount to the chassis leg. I'm not sure how to tackle it as it's all pretty enclosed.

It appears the gti subframe fixes differently to the chassis leg though than the xs, but I don't see why you can't just fit the gti subframe to your base model? Some of the posts in that topic might help.

Jake

welshpug

inside the chassis leg :)

I think edcherry replaced one of his, might be worth asking in case he took some pictures.

trogboy

You don't need to switch to the gti setup for the front mounting points. Just carry on using the stud/rubber mount jobbie that you have on the base model shell. This was covered a long time go but I think it came doen to differences etween the base model and gti shell WRT the chassis legs.

welshpug
You don't need to switch to the gti setup for the front mounting points. Just carry on using the stud/rubber mount jobbie that you have on the base model shell. This was covered a long time go but I think it came doen to differences etween the base model and gti shell WRT the chassis legs.

so the subframe legs are the same height but the chassis legs different :)

Jrod

I used 309 ones as they are solid metal, not rubber. :)

trogboy
so the subframe legs are the same height but the chassis legs different :)

Yep - I think that was the conclusion. I modded a gti subframe to fit my rallye and compared the sub frames side by side. I don't remember there being any difference in that respect and I know it was definitely something that I looked at.

jaked

Does anyone know why, on service box it looks like the bolt (6923.G6) goes down, through the chassis leg and rubber mount, with the nut below? On my car (and other pictures i've found), the nut seems to be fixed to the chassis leg, and the bolt goes up, through the rubber mount holes, into the chassis leg?

I seem to have cross threaded it, and need to know how/whether to replace the nut, or if I just need to run a tap through it

Jackman
I used 309 ones as they are solid metal, not rubber. :D

After advice from Sandy i will be getting these aswell now!

Part number is 352339 if anyone wants to know!