• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Oberon

Wiring In A Saxo Electric Pas Pump - Help Needed

johnnyboy666

Into the fuse box sounds good, as it might be handy to have a switch to isolate it when required, but not have to worry about turning it off every time I get out.

I think if I had it only come on with the engine, I might regret it if I need to push the car around at any point.

I'm pretty sure there is a plug around that area if memory serves, but I had to mount the pump behind the drivers headlight due to the length of my hoses, but I'll be running the thick power cable over that direction anyway, so I could run the little wire over there too. I'll have a play around tomorrow and see what I come up with, Cheers Ant :)

SweetBadger

If you only want the pump to come on when the engine is running a simple solution is to connect the pump relay to the alternator exciter wire (the one that connects to the dashboard battery light).

This means that the pump will only run when the engine is running and the battery is being charged. So if you have an alternator faliure for any reason the pump will stop; you'll have heavy steering but your battery will last a lot longer!

I have mine wired like this and it works well.

welshpug

Thats how the saxo/106 is wired :)