• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
driversdomainuk

Stiffer Front End

driversdomainuk

Hi

I am running a 25mm ARB and 24mm TB at rear of my 205 Mi track car...front I have a tranx diff, a slightly fatter (think 309) front ARB) and spax "fast road" non-coil overs all around....

Car is great, but I do feel it still has a bit too much body roll when driving at limit, which of course is overloading the tyres a little too much and reducing my potential times....

I have considered getting coil overs with 300lb springs....but they aint cheap...

I need to know is there a cheaper way around this - fatter ARB front bar maybe? or if I want stiffness I need to coil over!

PS - have attahced a photo of it with new T16 graphics

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/ph...mp;id=713298410

Thanks

Rob

TT205

Rob

You are in the wrong section - should be suspension etc!

Sounds like you have a seriously stiff rear end there but with a soft front end - I'd expect it to tripod like nobody's business, you getting snap oversteer?

I'm not familiar with the Spax fast road dampers but I would expect with coilovers you would certainly want 250+ lb springs

I'd forget the front arb until front and rear are nearer matched

Baz

Get rid of the Spax's, IMO they're well under-damped.

driversdomainuk
Rob

You are in the wrong section - should be suspension etc!

Sounds like you have a seriously stiff rear end there but with a soft front end - I'd expect it to tripod like nobody's business, you getting snap oversteer?

I'm not familiar with the Spax fast road dampers but I would expect with coilovers you would certainly want 250+ lb springs

I'd forget the front arb until front and rear are nearer matched

Sorry - did not think when posted LOL - in right section now!

Yes I am up on 3 wheels lots! snap oversteer - yes at times....

I am getting prices on Bilstein coilovers with 300lb springs - will I need to get bilstein rear dampers - or do u think due to the fat AB/TBs I will be stiff enough at the rear..?

welshpug

fitting bilstein rear dampers wont make the rear any stiffer, just improve the control of the torsion bars.

ravydavy
Sorry - did not think when posted LOL - in right section now!

Yes I am up on 3 wheels lots! snap oversteer - yes at times....

I am getting prices on Bilstein coilovers with 300lb springs - will I need to get bilstein rear dampers - or do u think due to the fat AB/TBs I will be stiff enough at the rear..?

Do you drive the vehicle on the road a lot?? mine has 350lb front springs on bilstein coilovers and its a pig on the road. track wonderful. you need to work out what your mainly using the car for.

driversdomainuk
Do you drive the vehicle on the road a lot?? mine has 350lb front springs on bilstein coilovers and its a pig on the road. track wonderful. you need to work out what your mainly using the car for.

The car is road legal - but has one seat, a battery where the passenger seat was and looks a mod prod car which should have arrived on a trailer!

Comfort on the road is ZERO importance - probably cover 200 miles a year on the road...It is basically a 100% competition focused car which can be driven to the track.....

Could I go to 400lb springs I wonder...?

Edited by driversdomainuk

rescue dude
The car is road legal - but has one seat, a battery where the passenger seat was and looks a mod prod car which should have arrived on a trailer!

Comfort on the road is ZERO importance - probably cover 200 miles a year on the road...It is basically a 100% competition focused car which can be driven to the track.....

Best person to ask this is our friend Ralph.

driversdomainuk
Best person to ask this is our friend Ralph.

I will - just need to avoid pot holes as they have a tendancy to shatter windscreens with those sort of springs in !!!

TT205
It is basically a 100% competition focused car which can be driven to the track.....

Bollocks just wrote a long reply to this and lost it <_<

In brief - you haven't said what type of competition and most importantly what tyres you are goiung to use

Road tyres - 250-300

1b's or slicks >300

Also if you plan to do hillclimbs because of the tightness of the corners and the suddeness of changes of direction - softer works better - nice smooth track with sweeping bends - you can up the poundage

Rippthrough
I will - just need to avoid pot holes as they have a tendancy to shatter windscreens with those sort of springs in !!!

Only if you run out of damper travel and hit the bumpstops.