• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
harryskid

1900gti Brakes- Gti6

harryskid

I am about to install a vts engine in my 1900gti which i use for tarmac rallying. Will the 1900 brakes be up to it with comp pads or should i think about different brakes. I was thinking 206gti on the front and the 1900 discs on the back?

Your opinions would be most welcome.

Harryskid

harryskid
I am about to install a vts engine in my 1900gti which i use for tarmac rallying. Will the 1900 brakes be up to it with comp pads or should i think about different brakes. I was thinking 206gti on the front and the 1900 discs on the back?

Your opinions would be most welcome.

Harryskid

ANY one going to answer? :D

oli-pug

I'm actually in the process of downsizing back to standard 1.9 from 206 gti180 calipers, which are overkill in my opinion. The calipers and discs weigh about twice as much so it does badly effect your damping and steering responses.

I think you're better off trying a decent competition pad first before going bigger. I'm fitting either carbon lorraine or ferodo ds3000s pads with some brake ducting which should be ample.

Edited by oli-pug

harryskid

I did wonder about the extra weight. Going by that i dont want to mess up my set up so as you suggest i think i'll try the pad route.

Thanks for the advise.

Harryskid :D

Miles

As said a good set of pads and dics's work well thou GTi6 callipers are fine, I know everyone goes on about weight but I doubt allot would notice the differance really,

One thing I will say is avoid HDI or 206 ones as the pads are allot more than the GTi6 calliper's

harryskid
As said a good set of pads and dics's work well thou GTi6 callipers are fine, I know everyone goes on about weight but I doubt allot would notice the differance really,

One thing I will say is avoid HDI or 206 ones as the pads are allot more than the GTi6 calliper's

Do you mean put the gti6 callipers onto 1900 discs?

Harryskid

CaptainK

I use GTi6 calipers, discs and Ferodo DS2500 pads on the front of my 205 GTi6. Rears are the standard 1900 brake setup. The brakes are awesome like this and it stops very well. The bigger GTi6 brakes were also a requirement from my insurance company as they, quite rightly, stated that the power of the car is going up a lot so they want the braking ability to go up to. <_<

harryskid
I use GTi6 calipers, discs and Ferodo DS2500 pads on the front of my 205 GTi6. Rears are the standard 1900 brake setup. The brakes are awesome like this and it stops very well. The bigger GTi6 brakes were also a requirement from my insurance company as they, quite rightly, stated that the power of the car is going up a lot so they want the braking ability to go up to. :lol:

Got me thinking again!

B):o