• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
engine killer

Front Suspension Bushes

engine killer

Dear all,

I am looking for a full set of front suspension and anti-roll bar bushes but the ebay seems to be a very serious rip-off when comparing to the offical Powerflex website. Can anyone point me the right direction (for oversea online purchase) of getting a set in reasonable price?

Thanks.

welshpug

Peugeot :lol:

engine killer
Peugeot :)

do you mean the original (the stock one) Peugeot bushes?

I have been using the stock one for more than 10 years, but Powerflex didn't last long.

badj

I got my full set of poly bushes for the wishbones from ebay for a £5er new lol

welshpug
do you mean the original (the stock one) Peugeot bushes?

I have been using the stock one for more than 10 years, but Powerflex didn't last long.

yes indeed!

engine killer

thanks!

welshpug

over here they are still around the £20 mark a set and that includes the nuts and bolts :)

not bad for something that lasts so long and outperforms most aftermarket products.

Leet205

got a part no for this kit please?

pug_ham
got a part no for this kit please?

3599 07.

Graham.

engine killer
3599 07.

Graham.

From service box, it's GBP24.27 each (I guess it's only one side).

welshpug

afaik, its both sides :lol:

engine killer
afaik, its both sides :lol:

Forgive my asking again, do you mind to confirm it because Peugeot has already withdrawn from Hong Kong and the ex-dealer don't have much info at all.

Thanks.

pug_ham

That kit part number 3599.07 is for a kit with all the bushes & bolts in for both front wishbones. (2 front & 2 rear bushes with bolts for each).

Graham.

engine killer
That kit part number 3599.07 is for a kit with all the bushes & bolts in for both front wishbones. (2 front & 2 rear bushes with bolts for each).

Graham.

Great, thanks a million! :lol:

engine killer

By the way, any difference between Powerflex and Peugeot one? Very significance?

thanks.

Edited by engine killer

brumster

Don't bother, seriously. The Pug ones last ages; the Powerflex ones destroy themselves in no time with competition use (over the Pug ones), so can't be any better on the road either.

yorkey1989

hey iam thinking of buying the full powerflex set for my gti would you recomend me to get the standard pug ones instead then??

welshpug

yup :D I think the majority of posts on here about wishbone bushes would confirm that without having to ask ;)

Edited by welshpug

yorkey1989
yup :D I think the majority of posts on here about wishbone bushes would confirm that without having to ask ;)

iam on about replacing all the bushes on the car not just the wishbone ones... they cant all be rubbish or can they? lol theres people on here also saying they have used power flex for ages and had no problems...

boombang

I can't really recall much good being posted from people about any aftermarket bushes for the whole time I've been using this forum.

It's well known standard Pug wishbone bushes are spot on and very reasonably priced.

Standard Pug ARB bushes are already poly, again relatively well priced, and unlike aftermarket are grooved to fit the ARB,

Not many more bushes on the car!

yorkey1989
I can't really recall much good being posted from people about any aftermarket bushes for the whole time I've been using this forum.

It's well known standard Pug wishbone bushes are spot on and very reasonably priced.

Standard Pug ARB bushes are already poly, again relatively well priced, and unlike aftermarket are grooved to fit the ARB,

Not many more bushes on the car!

cheers matey will prob save me some money aswell!!!!

Henry Yorke

Go for standard Peugeot ones (better quality than GSF or Eurocarparts stuff). They will last ages

(P.S. welcome to another Yorke on the forum :lol: )

Stevo309

As a new owner of a 205 I have discovered that my car has only very recently had the wishbone and arb bushes replaced by the previous owner. The invoice is very cheap though, I think from memory no more than £5 per bush. When I changed the steering rack I noticed the arb bushes are red if that gives any clues.

My question is, would such cheap aftermarket bushes cause a negative effect on handling or are they just more likely to wear quickly? If they are softer presumably it could be yet another contributing factor to my vague steering feedback at low speeds?

I guess it's another trip to the pug dealer :lol:

gavbrum

Am I right in thinking that this 3599.07 kit is a 6 bush kit for front and rear parts of the track control arm and the 2 bushes for the anti roll bar? And as a direct OEM replacement and alternative for the overpriced 6 bush powerflex kit?

Cheers.

engine killer
Am I right in thinking that this 3599.07 kit is a 6 bush kit for front and rear parts of the track control arm and the 2 bushes for the anti roll bar? And as a direct OEM replacement and alternative for the overpriced 6 bush powerflex kit?

Cheers.

probably wrong.

iirc 3599.07 comprises 2 bushes for the front of the front arms and 2 bushes for the rear of the front arms and 4 sets of bolts and nuts for them as well.