• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
MerlinGTI

Rear Caliper Flexi Pipe Bracket?

MerlinGTI

Im putting a disk braked beam on my currently drum braked 205, this means I have nada in terms of brackets, pipes etc...

I poped my head under a 1.9 GTI today on a reckie and noticed there is a bracket, square with a circular hole that the rear flexi pipe fits into.

I cant find this part on servicebox...

Can someone either show me a close up of this area on their 205 or post up the exploded diagram from service box (assuming my SB skills are weak, although its saying this theres 'No Documentation' in the 'Bracketery' section for the rear beam? )

welshpug

I'd just run a solid pipe to the caliper from the main flexi pipe that goes to the trailing arm, its how Peugeot have done it since 94 on the 306's.

part numbers as follows though;

4826 07 NFP PIPE BRACKET LEFT

4826 08 NFP RIGHT

MerlinGTI

Ha ha! WP the human service box to the rescue :) Thanking you sir.

NFP ! oh dear. Sounds like I will be doing that then WP!

Has anyone got a detailed picture of the brake pipe setup (this main flexi in particular) on a 1.9/309 GTI please so I can start working out what one will need to fashion :D

Cheers

Edited by MerlinGTI

Anthony

As per Welshpug's reply, I just run a copper pipe from the caliper all the way to the flexi hose that goes around the beam tube like 306's, Xsara's etc have as standard. Works absolutely fine :)

Miles

Safer too, I;ve seen a few with the Flexi line rub thru on the inner arch

shalmaneser
As per Welshpug's reply, I just run a copper pipe from the caliper all the way to the flexi hose that goes around the beam tube like 306's, Xsara's etc have as standard. Works absolutely fine :rolleyes:

Do this, I did and it's much better both financially, and from a performance POV!

jord294

you mean these

miami001-2.jpg

i have some powder coated black or silver :rolleyes:

HERMAN

DSCF1270.jpg

DSCF1271.jpg

MerlinGTI

Pics are a big help thanks gents :wacko:

I shall be running new lines to the rear when I put my beam on (fronts already done). I will be running a single solid line back to the beam (1.6 stylee) (Wilwood bias valve in the engine bay), T-piece'ing it off then going from there.

I really need to stick my head under the car before I ask any more questions (day off this Friday), but my only real concern is little bits like brackets.

Thankyou everyone :blink:

HERMAN

these are the various brackets

pugpics006.jpg

pugpics007.jpg

DSCF0729.jpg

hope this helps

Neil