• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest j3nn4

Phase 1 Or Phase 2 Indicator Stalk?

Guest j3nn4

My indicator stopped working 2 mins before the car got to the MOT station (love it when that happpens) so I need to buy another but mine has no part number on it (only Jaeger) and I'm not sure if it's Phase 1 or 2. Can someone with better 205 knowledge let me know which one I need to get? Thanks very much!

fdfea731.jpgd107f92b.jpgbc706911.jpgec791acc.jpgbae4e8a2.jpg

A pic from every angle :lol:

EdCherry

Not PH 1.

welshpug

Ph1.5/2 205 or ph2 309 :lol:

Henry Yorke

From an 88 on Phase 1.5 / 2 / 2.5

There were two types of phase 1 indicator stalker too as the first 205 GTIs came with 305 indicator stalks. Have we just invented a phase 1.25?!

Guest j3nn4
Ph1.5/2 205 or ph2 309 :lol:

Thanks I appreciate it! Please tell me Ph 1.5 and 2 are the same part number?!? My god this is confusing for a newbie!! I'm getting there slowly....

Guest j3nn4
From an 88 on Phase 1.5 / 2 / 2.5

There were two types of phase 1 indicator stalker too as the first 205 GTIs came with 305 indicator stalks. Have we just invented a phase 1.25?!

Phase 2.5?? :lol: Just when I thought I was getting my head round these interiors

welshpug

yes, same part :lol:

any 205 from late 1987 on with the new shape dash, and any 309 from 1990 on with the new shape rear lights + spoiler.

6253 41 - LIGHTING/HORN

DamirGTI

Well i have a :

T16 stalk (the "vinyl" one :lol:)

Ph1

Ph1.5

Ph2

.. all of them are interchangeable so can use any of the above as an replacement :lol:

Damir :lol:

Edited by DamirGTI

Guest j3nn4

I *think* mine is 1989 but I'm not sure, all I know is that it was imported from Germany in 1992..it has rotary heater knobs, a sliding vacuum sunroof, grey/red seats, screw on spoiler and a 3 spoke steering wheel but the steering wheel doesn't look like pics I've seen of other Ph2 3 spoke steering wheels. But then all of the above could have been replaced at any time by previous owners!

So the only difference between them all is the shape/colour and not the fitment? I'd better get on eBay!! Cheers guys :lol:

Henry Yorke
Phase 2.5?? :lol: Just when I thought I was getting my head round these interiors

Red chequered door cards and grey carpet on the last 205s

DamirGTI

Yes it's just the shape and colour :lol: the bolt holes for fitment on the steering column are on the same places no matter if it's Ph1/1.5/2 stalk .. and so are the connector plugs on the stalk ..

Damir :lol:

floodys

can someone just clarify that there are 2 types of gti stalk? ph1 are the "square" type and ph1.5-2 are round type? cheers

DaveW

Yes thats correct

Daz_C
can someone just clarify that there are 2 types of gti stalk? ph1 are the "square" type and ph1.5-2 are round type? cheers

This is link to a pic of a ph1 stalk clicky

DamirGTI

3 types :lol:

Ph1 - this one above on the link pic. (suppose the first years of ph1 cars .. i got one but from a T16 car ;))

Ph1 - another one , but not as chunky as this one above , kinda flat square shape ..

Ph1.5/2 - round shape as on the pics on the beginning of this thread , just with colour shade differences ..

Damir :)