• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
joe_g40

Safety Devices Half Cage

joe_g40

Hi guys, i recently purchased a half cage from ebay. I just wanted to see if anyone has one of these and if so, pictures of it fitted? I dont think its a straight forward bolt in jobbie but any info would be very helpful!!!

Joe

joe_g40

Thanks for link but none seem to help as none are images of half cage

welshpug

That's because SD don't do half cages.

oz.

Different brands mount to different places. Different models in the same brands too!

If it's a bolt in cage then you'll need to weld in some feet for the cage - minimum 3mm steel. sometimes it's just a case of another skin on top of the original sometimes it's built up.

If it's a weld in then you need to get the grinder out. Most will be cut too long in the main hoop for you to trim them down.

There is no difference between a half and a full cage apart from the fact that a half cage has less bars. they will be mounted in the same way.

I don't quite see the point of a half cage really. Safetywise it might be worth it if you had standard seats but, if you do flip the car then it's the A-pillars that come towards your face.

davidc

Get some pics up so we can see !!

Cheers,

David

floodys

I've got a sd half cage in the back of my car, well, when i say a half, its the rear hoop of the cage!! it was welded straight to the floor, no pics at mo, earlyist i could get any up is weeknd when i get car out of garage!!

joe_g40

ok cool, i think i may need to start chopping and welding. My main concern is that the rear arms that (i think) mount to rear arches are too narrow!!

Baz

It doesn't sound like it's a 205 cage then!

welshpug

sounds like a 106 /saxo cage, certainly not a method of mounting I would choose for any car that doesn't have rear turrets.

backroadpug

i have a safety device half cage in my rallye so you do get them. mines has just a single cross bar. i cant get any pics up to complicated for me :lol:

the front part should have a plate with four bolts welded to it. match the cage up and mark the legs then you drill four holes in to the floor so the plate sits flush then weld the plate to the car so you can bolt the cage in. bolt in the frt section and attatch the rear and mark the back to the floor.(i streched the back section so there is a bit of tensions to stiffen the shell a bit more) then i drilled 4 holes straight threw the boot floor and welded the plate in then fitted the cage. took around 5hrs but that was including the welding,sealing,primer and painting. hope this helps. :lol:

Baz
i have a safety device half cage in my rallye so you do get them.

Yes but it probably has the parts to accept the front half. What was meant is that they don't just do a ''half-cage''.