• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
ALEX

Pulls To The Right

ALEX

Noticed the steering was feeling a little unpredictable lately and tends to pull to the right slightly when under acceleration.

Trackrod? wishbone bushes / joint?

Had a quick look and everything seems tight!

B)

Edited by ALEX

Paul_13

You've got everything I can think of being wrong listed there mate, get your tracking done and go from there?

Or sort your wishbones bushes and the TRE's and then get your tracking done, so it doesn't distort it through worn bushes etc.

Check you subframe bolts! My mate only had 2 in his which were both loose B)

kate205gti

was gonna suggest wishbone bushes, balljoints or ovalled hub? see if theres any play in the wheel off the ground pop the balljoint out and check the hub - if thats all ok and wheel doesnt move side to side or up and down then gotta be tracking

ALEX

I'll do some investigating this Friday.

It's due for it's MOT soon, might just let them fail it on whats wrong!

Paul_13

I would double check the subframe bolts mate, I thought mine were tight and 2 were slightly loose.

I can't remember who I was talking to, but they were missing the all the bolts on the right side of the subframe on the Eurotrip B)

jimistdt

I would remove the wishbones and physically check them, bushes are intact and the balljoints not dead, as well as checking the subframe as mentioned ^.

New motaquip lower arms could be had for about £42 a side plus VAT last time I checked here http://www.kgmotaquip.co.uk/

woo83

I've had this problem twice. First time it was an ovaled hub and the second time it was wishbone bushes, definitely worth a look. Also like Paul_13 said, could be missing sub fame bolts Ive had this happen too. Although only one of mine came loose. :lol:

Thanks. John

ALEX

Thanks for the replies, Confirmed what I thought. :lol:

ALEX

Fixed it.

Was the passenger side front wishbone bush.

I could move the arm about 3mm when pushing it forwards towards the front of the car.

Took the wishbone off and the centre of the bush dropped out.

Cost me £8 for a new bush though, I could have got it for £4 from GSF but I'd have to wait till Monday.