• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
sharpy

Wishbone Bushes...?

MerlinGTI

Are the bushes Kleber?

SurGie

What's the make of them then ?

Did you go to the Abbey lane one ?

Cheers

Wes

where are you guys getting your motaquip wishbones cheap? i went into melksham motaquip and they quoted me £64 each, does that sound about right? they wouldn't budge on the price even though i said i didn't live near them and was willing to pay there and then.

2-Pugs

try www.motaparts.com

Edited by 2-Pugs

Tom Fenton

You can do the wishbone bushes quite easily in a decent vice, in fact to be honest I use mine for this job over the press that sits 2ft away from it, as its easier in the vice.

Easiest way I have found to get them out is a decent holesaw.

I wrote a how to guide thread on here somewhere.

badj

I had to use a hacksaw to cut the outer flange of the bush on both of my wishbones before there was enough surface available to push the bushes out. The smaller ones weren't so bad, but the bigger ones took between 3.5-4.5 tons in the press before they budged.

Wouldn't have done that in a vice IMO. I've gone poly basically because its so much easier to replace the bushes, but the torsional load on the bushes is reduced as the polys aren't in a shell. Time will tell how long they last, by the time I've got them on anyway..

oli-pug

I bought new 309 wishbones from buypartsbuy, both were Quinton Hazell but only the Ns had oe bushes for some reason. Os bushes were knackered in no time so replaced with OE (£20 the kit)

I didn't need a press, just a vice. Cut off flange, hole saw drill bit to cut out the inner bush then hammer and chisel to remove the outer sleeve. Thoroughly clean the wishbone inside. Bit of grease on the new bush then press in with a vice, use a socket bit on the opposing side to drive fully home.

Baddabing

mattmalden
I bought new 309 wishbones from buypartsbuy, both were Quinton Hazell but only the Ns had oe bushes for some reason. Os bushes were knackered in no time so replaced with OE (£20 the kit)

I didn't need a press, just a vice. Cut off flange, hole saw drill bit to cut out the inner bush then hammer and chisel to remove the outer sleeve. Thoroughly clean the wishbone inside. Bit of grease on the new bush then press in with a vice, use a socket bit on the opposing side to drive fully home.

Baddabing

Nice shop!

How did you know one was OE and one not Oli? was it visual or just through testing ;)

oli-pug
Nice shop!

How did you know one was OE and one not Oli? was it visual or just through testing ;)

You can tell visually, OE bushes are made by Kleber and have their logo on the rubber. They're just a much better construction.

philfingers

If motaquip are owned by pug (or motaquip make pug wishbones what ever the story is) does this mean the bush kit from them is also Pug standard

They list

VSK619 KIT, Description - Centre Bush, Model - -, Notes - ,CTi & GTi £2.07

VSK620 KIT, Description - End Bush, Model - -, Notes - ,CTi & GTi £2.94

The whole lot for two sides is less than £15 inc delivery. Is this too good to be true?

welshpug

I have fitted some of them and they do seem pretty good, they have the additional sleeve inside and are marked Kleber, though for the price of the kit and what you get included (every bolt nut and washer!) I'd probably still go to pug.

I have also used them on a ZX (same parts as a 306 + xsara) and they seem to be holding up well, though the car has been off the road since new year :P

Pugnut
If motaquip are owned by pug (or motaquip make pug wishbones what ever the story is) does this mean the bush kit from them is also Pug standard

They list

VSK619 KIT, Description - Centre Bush, Model - -, Notes - ,CTi & GTi £2.07

VSK620 KIT, Description - End Bush, Model - -, Notes - ,CTi & GTi £2.94

The whole lot for two sides is less than £15 inc delivery. Is this too good to be true?

oe suspension is lemforder IIRC

welshpug

motaquip are just a supplier, they don't actually make the parts, most pug o.e bushes are Kleber.

Edited by welshpug

philfingers

cool will give them a go then. website is down just now (well payment section is) but express delivery is only 18p more than std!

I bought some bushes from Dingbro in Aberdeen a few years ago Pugnut and they were Kleber bushes, and only a few quid too!

welshpug

if that's Motaparts.com you're looking at they're a Peugeot/Citroen dealer in Cumbria that do Motaquip parts too, I've used them a few times, most of the stuff is heavily discounted, their catalogue is often missing stuff though the codes mostly do bring up a price.

this link http://www.motaquip-ecat.co.uk/ will help you find most part numbers.

flipperthebushkangaroo

OK so having read this thread i'm puzzeled, Is it ok to change one wishbone then the other when it goesor should i change them as a pair?

If i change the old wishbone for the Motaquip ones are the bushes god quality or should they be replaced with OE ones before fitting?

Sorry to be a pain as ever

Roddie

Paul_13

I can't find any 309 motaquip bones on motorpart website, do they do them?

SurGie

AFAIK no they dont any more, there is a good enough compared make of 309 ones i just cant remember sorry.

CharlieBoy

Damn, I wish I saw this thread before the team and I aquired the GB Motorsport Poly Bushes. They don't seem to fit. Even after some 'alterations' to the bushes, they still were a very tight fit. Very stiff now in place.

I guess time will tell with these items.

stutto

Partsforallcars.com supplied motaquip (205) 'bones at a good price last year.

They have gone up in price a bit - now £55 each and you would need to check that they are still supplying motaquip before ordering, but definitely worth a look.