• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
sharpy

Wishbone Bushes...?

sharpy

Hi, just had my new tyres fitted, balanced and then tracked. However when we did so, the car was uncotrollable, spearing off in all directions and scared the poo out of me!!!! So we had a look around, and the garage came to the conclusion the front wishbone bushes were COMPLETLEY shot. For now they returned the tracking to how it was, veeeery toe out, which seems to hold the bushes in such a way that they don't move around so much and its driveable. It is by no means perfect, but is driveable. The garage said it would be easier to put a new wishbone on, and to be fair isn't too expensive. But i have heard great things about powerflex and superflex bushes, so was thinking about this instead, and plus it would be cheaper (if i could do it myself). Is it easy to do, and how do i go about it? If anyone could help me that would be brilliant :) thanks

BusEngineer

Wouldnt bother with Powerflex or Superflex as Peugot ones are poly and very durable, not bad money either from main dealer

Not too tricky to fit :)

welshpug
Wouldnt bother with Powerflex or Superflex as Peugot ones are poly and very durable, not bad money either from main dealer

Not too tricky to fit :)

nope, just standard rubber with an additional steel ring inside them, still very durable and cheap at £20 inc new bolts.

ARB bushes are Poly as std though.

sharpy

Ah ok mate sound ok, i just rang my local peugeot though, they make you buy 4 and cost £34 all in. Any other ideas? powerflex just not good, or no advantage? Thanks

Baz

Yes you need 4. £17 each side iirc or similar. So £34 is about right.

sharpy

Ye there is four, but apparantly its just the front wishbone bushes, not rears?

swordfish210

No wishbones on the rear...just a beam

DrSarty
Ye there is four, but apparantly its just the front wishbone bushes, not rears?

Have a look at your wishbones, and you'll see each side needs two bushes for the 2 inner bolts to the subframe.

There are no wishbones at the rear.

This is £34 to stop your car veering all over the place. Seems good value to me.

Car on axle stands - wishbones off - take to a friend with a press - old bushes out/new bushes in - refitted - get car re-tracked - Bob's your uncle.

Edited by DrSarty

welshpug

3599 07 KIT FLEX JOINT

20.62 GBP

that's the full kit.

Edited by welshpug

sharpy

i know there isn't any wishbones or bushes on the rear beam...i mean on the front wishbone there are two bushes. On all sites and suppliers they are reffered to as front and rear bushes on the front wishbone. Spoox told me it was the front bush on the wishbone. Obviously if i was replacing all of them i would need four. Didn't know if that was best, or just replace the ones that have gone? I.E the front one of the two bushes on the wishbone

Miles

LOL, I tend to find that if the bush's have gone the ball joints are on there last legs anyway so it's almost worth buying the complete new unit,

But if they are OK then it's Pug bush's or Superflex which I run on a couple of Road Rally car's with no issue's yet, Powerflex do as the title sugest's 'Flex' and I;ve never seen them last that long either

Always do all 4 it's silly not too, The fronts don't take as much abuse as the rear's

sharpy

Ah right kule :) is there any way of removing the bushes other than a press? just don't know anyone lol! Ye my drivers side ball joint is toooo clever, but its fine for now. Just one job at a time, and will get there eventualy B) need cambealt, auxilary belt and rear beam fixing first :P

welshpug

BFH + Decent chisel.

(BFH = BIG FU*****G HAMMER)

zebedy101

My wishbone bushes were a massive pain in the backside we didn't have a press and to start with the bolts were seized so we had to cut them and force the wishbone out then the bushes were jammed totally in place so we had to get nasty with them they finally came out after much swearing and abuse. For what it's worth next time I need bushes I'm just going to get new wishbones as it's just so much easier than fighting with the old ones and not really that expensive plus then you know the balljoints are also hunky dory.

sharpy

O.k then, in that case, what am i looking at for new wishbones? Ball joint on one side isn't amazing apparantly

boombang
3599 07 KIT FLEX JOINT

20.62 GBP

that's the full kit.

Listen to Mei for f***s sake, all this crap about buying the bushes individually is a complete Pug rip off. The kit is bushes + bolts + nuts.

If you were to buy new wishbones, take care as the aftermarket bushes can last mere miles. Motaquip have been harked as decent (being Pug) but I'd plump for option of a decent brand then straight away bashing the bushes out, popping a set of Pug bushes in, and replace the bolts at the same time.

MerlinGTI

This thread is funny B)

Google motaquip, find your nearest dealer, get new wishbones... sorted.

Most other pattern part wishbones dont last long at all. Theres no point pressing new bushes into knackered wishbones. With no press bushes are an absolutely horrible job.

Expect to pay £120ish for the pair :) Get new wishbone-2-subframe nuts + bolts (2 of each per side) and new pinch nut + bolt (1x per side) from either pug or Hi-tensile from Baz or MrSwampy (members on here) while you are at it.

MrP

Ive seen just the ball joints for sale before for about £10 can these be taken out and replaced then? obviously alot cheaper than buying new wishbones.

Baz

You cannot replace the BJ's alone!

richsmells

This thread is funny. New pug bushes TRANSFORMED the feeling of my old car. Fit new bolts at the same time, so buy the Pug kit Welshpug quoted and get them pressed in by a friendly garage, or fit new decent quality wishbones if your balljoints are fubar. Schimples.

Edited by richsmells

sharpy

lol! i have reserved two wishbones from eurocar parts. They include new bushes, ball joints and all bolts. They are £46 each...any good?

sharpy

scratch that, listening to what you guys have said (only just read it) going to motaquip coventry, doing it for same price B)

Miles

Good job too, The GSF and ECP ones are poor and last no time at all to the extent of one new wishbone balljoint from them was showing signs of failure within 20 miles of use.

sharpy

motaqip messed me around, they didn't have them in :( ! i went to euro car parts and they had a few variations. I got the better ones after speaking to a chap there who had a 205 aswel and had used the poor quality ones....these ones are spot on and to OEM standard and he has had no issues :)

welshpug

Lemforder?