• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
large

Roll Cage Removed

large

I have removed the roll cage from the car now at speed it feels very over steery (my new word). Nothing has happened yet but i get the impression the back end wants to go first.

Has anyone found this or should I be looking at the beam setup.

Cameron

Was it a bolt-in cage?

It's natural for the car to feel different as the roll cage will have added a lot of stiffness to the chassis. If it feels dangerous though then there must be something up, maybe rear beam bushes or something.

large

Yer sorry it was a bolt in. The beam bushes are nylon but I have the rubber blocks on the back as I liked the car like this.

Cameron

Ah ok, sounds like you might just need to get used to it again. That or adapt your setup, if you have stiff springs and ARB's then you might need to swap to something softer now you don't have the cage.

TT205

I'd also consider play in front arms as this can also make it feel nastily twitchy

matthewm

Had this prob recently Huw, the rear started to feel very snatchy and 'divey' (my new word). Was due to play in the rear trailing arm bearings, re-furbed the beam and job done!