• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
stubby205

Heater Problem

stubby205

hi guys i have a 1991 205 gti 1.6 and last year my heaters stopped working, after dismantaling the dash to get to the heater fan and then realising i didnt have to i got the fan out and got another from scrapyard. i fitted new heater fan and still nothing i checked the conector on the fan dial and the little metal connector had fell off, so i glued it back on in place and now the fan works but only comes on full blast when dial is turned half way. to top it all when the fan is on and i turn my lights on the fan goes off :lol: i was having a fiddle today with the light/indicator stalk and when i unplugged the dimma dial under steering wheel the heater fan worked while lights were on then stopped when plugged dimma back in. im now stumped and any ideas would be more than welcome thanks john.

Edited by stubby205

pug_ham

Its more likely to be the control resistor, a small electrical panal held into the heater fan body by two screws thats stopping your fan from working.

The other bits sound like you might've disturbed an earth point when you took the dash apart & missed reconnecting it.

Graham.

stubby205

thanks so basically i should take the dash off and check everything is connected properly? and check the fan resistor.