• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Para

Calipers Gti6 Vs S16

Para

I've asked that question on 306 forum but nobody seems to bother to give an answer. Is there any difference between those calipers or are they the same ? :D

Thanks in advance

welshpug

An UK S16 uses 266 x 20mm discs and a much smaller pad, the caliper itself is the same as pretty much all 405's bar very low powered models and the T16.

The gti6 (and European S16's with the RFS engine+6 speed box) use a 283 x 22mm disc and a much larger brake pad.

Tom Fenton

I had the S16 type calipers on my car, without a servo fitted (266 mm discs). They were really quite poor, I put this down to the small pad area needing the servo to give an acceptable "bite".

Swapping to 283mm GTI6 type brakes with no other modifications and the brakes are now a lot lot better.

Anyway to answer your question, yes the calipers are different.

Edited by Tom Fenton

Para

Hmm I just bought set of S16 calipers which were fitted with 266mm discs. They should still be noticable better then standard 1.9 GTI ones.

Mine are from Europe , bought in Europe and they still 266 mm one's ...

welshpug

would have been an early S16 then, with the RFY engine and 5 speed box <_<

davev

the 266 set up i find to be a nice feeling set up even with a standard master cylinder.

i got a massive difference when changing though i think the standerd calipers were not the best as they felt like i was using to bits of wood to stop <_<