• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Henry Yorke

Lowering A 307 On Eibach Springs

Henry Yorke

Tonight I lowered my 307 HDI on a set of Eibach springs. It was a really easy job to do compared to a 205 as the struts bolt on as opposed to sit in a hub which you have to prise out.

The Eibach springs are quite a bit shorter than the originals and seem to be made of a much denser metal as they heavier by comparison,

Aesthetically the car does not appear much different with a 30-35mm drop, as the 307 rides quite high as standard.

When taking it out for a maiden run over the bumpiest road in the world, I actually found the ride quality better than the standard springs. Going through the sweeping corners, the turn in was greatly improved, but it highlighted even further how poor the Infinity 205/50/17 tyres on the rear are! I have some Pirellis PZero Rossos to replace them. It was also reading between -2 and 0 degrees so I didn't push too hard.

The biggest difference is the braking stability. You have much less nose dive and can break much later into a corner.

Yet again Eibach springs are streets ahead of any other spring and this is the 4th car I have had them fitted on. They may cost more than the others but there is a reason for that - they are a different league of engineering.

I will try and get some pics up for comparison

DRTDVL

We have H&R's in our 307 XSP.

Fantastic transformation, it no longer handles like a boat

calvinhorse

Good work H! get some pics up!

Henry Yorke

post-3457-1269563364_thumb.jpg

post-3457-1269563455_thumb.jpg

post-3457-1269563480_thumb.jpg

post-3457-1269563512_thumb.jpg

Pics.

Not a huge drop which is what I wanted. You can get 50mm+ ones but I wanted to improve the handling and wasn't too fussed on the aesthetics. The arches that are on it make the whole wheel arch look bigger than standard.

Rippthrough
The Eibach springs are quite a bit shorter than the originals and seem to be made of a much denser metal as they heavier by comparison,

Probably just a bit wider on the wire diameter, wire length will be somewhat similar given they have the same number of coils.

davev

just a random one i came across the other week.

i dont know how many people would want it, but i believe you can use the 308 lower arm amd complete shock set up to get another 40mm wider track and abit more camber.

i think the rear is also 20mm wider and its made up from everything from the stub axle to the disc, so possibly a cheap mod. <_<

Henry Yorke

Hmm... would need driveshafts too. I wonder how much camber 40mm would give? I don't want to look like a WTCC car!

I wonder if the rear axle will just bolt on too á la 309 & 205?

Must resist......

davev

that is 40mm total, not each side. :)

i only saw it in a peugeot roll out manual. and it didnt say the driveshafts were different(though they proberly are) it just said the arms were longer and to make up for it the top shock mount was different to account for the camber.