• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
AJA_GTi

Rear Ride Height

AJA_GTi

Hello,

Just did the well arch ride height test and I can get 3 fingers in on the N/S (waits for the giggles :) ) and 2 plus 5mm slack on O/S.

Does this mean I need to adjust the torsion bar or sommat else?

Cheers, :)

marksorrento205

Dont worry about it. Pug say as long as its within 10mm either side iirc. The car will always be driven with a driver, not always a passenger......

AJA_GTi
Dont worry about it. Pug say as long as its within 10mm either side iirc. The car will always be driven with a driver, not always a passenger......

Spot on mate that makes sense. Good job i'm no bantam weight :lol:

Laters :)

Edited by AJA_GTi

jord294

does your beam look like its been refurbed in the past ??????????

Anthony

Measuring against the plastic arch isn't particularly accurate to be honest, as it could easily be a few millimetres out side to side.

Better bet is to measure against the jacking points and some flat level ground, checking all four corners (make sure the jacking points are still straight first though!)

AJA_GTi
does your beam look like its been refurbed in the past ??????????

Not sure mate - how can I tell? Look for clean shiny bits??

AJA_GTi
Measuring against the plastic arch isn't particularly accurate to be honest, as it could easily be a few millimetres out side to side.

Better bet is to measure against the jacking points and some flat level ground, checking all four corners (make sure the jacking points are still straight first though!)

Mate - it handles impecably but someone at work said it looked a bit p*ssed on the gravel car park thats all.

I must admit i'd imagine the arches are out rather than anyling else as it's seriously on rails.

I'll do a more scientific test as slipping 2 fingers in always ends up bad :( sorry!