• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
paul205mi16

Brake Pads-carbon Lorraine

paul205mi16

Hi all.

I'm interested in hearing about your experience’s with the Carbon Lorraine brake pads. (RC5+'s) I have heard reports on the great stopping power But it's the heavy disk wear that makes me worried about my nice refurbished alloys. I know there are wheel treatments I could use before the RC5+'s are fitted to protect the paint, but if they are going to harm my nice alloys I would rather settle for a Mintex/Ferrodo/Pagid fast road style pad?

Just Looking for reply’s about the RC5+'s only please.

Thanks. Paul.

CosKev

Hi Paul

My wheels still looking nice then?!?!?! :lol:

My m8 had some Carbon Lorraine pads in his AP's on a cosworth,can't be sure of model of pad though :blush:

But they eat his discs and knackered his alloys :(

They would chew the discs that bad he was getting little bits of discs all up the doors!!!They would go orange when they rusted and looked nice on his White Cosworth!!!!! :(

paul205mi16

Any idea which compound he was using Kev, Was it the RC5+'s?

Yeah the wheels are looking sweet fella, I've had a fair few nice comments over them mate.:-)

Edited by paul205mi16

CosKev
Any idea which compound he was using Kev, Was it the RC5+'s?

Yeah the wheels are looking sweet fella, I've had a fair few nice comments over them mate.:-)

No soz,was about 4 years ago :(

All I remember was they were noisy as hell,awesome braking power,and totally knackered his 330mm discs!!! :(

I had Ferrodo DS2500's in my Cosworth,they were very good B)

Theres not much weight in the Pugs,so any slightly uprated pads should do :blush:

I've got standard Bosch ones in mine with Gti6 set-up,not a sniff of those over heating with fast road driving :lol:

Batfink

He wont have been using the RC5+. Manufacture of the new compound only started in November.

To get that amount of wear he will have been using either the RC6 or the RC8 compounds. These are race only, have very high friction levels and are noisy. The pads will eat discs and give immense stopping power but particles of disc will fly everywhere and will need to be cleaned off regularly.

The RC5+ is milder on discs and will give a similar wear rate to mintex 1144's. I certainly have not had any problem with disc material on my car, and the new compound is quieter and produces less dust.

Guest teclis103

I run the RC8 in the front of my rally car, using 1.9 calipers, and im having to put a new set of disks on every 200 stages miles, so yeh, they munch disks like no tommorow, however, braking is awesome, and you can take nice pictures of glowing white hot brake disks B)

James

hengti

different car and they've only just gone on, but i've RC5+ on the Clio (courtesy of Batfink - ta!) - they don't seem overly dusty and are perfectly quiet; way too early to be thinking about wear, but they are as good as suggested from cold - atleast as sharp as std road pads, which is important in car that's used on road imo. they come up well with heat, but can't comment on track performance

paul205mi16

Main thing I was worried about was them destroying the nice paint on my 1.9 alloys. I have read a few reviews on the awesome performance. I'm hopeing the RC5+ new compound is not going to harm the wheels.

whizzer71

Sorry to hijack your thread guys just interested to know where to source the RC 5's from at a reasonable price

Cheers

Tris

hengti

incase it's still of interest, just posting findings after having checked these over today (2000 road mls) - i'd now say they're moderately dusty (but not terrible), and have started to squeel a little. no signs of disc chewing, although only road miles

Batfink
Sorry to hijack your thread guys just interested to know where to source the RC 5's from at a reasonable price

Cheers

Tris

Me!

www.cl-brakes.co.uk

Edited by Batfink