• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
joe1joe

Diffrent Between Each Phase

joe1joe

out of interest, did the phase 1 and 1.5 and 2 1.6 gtis have half leather as an option??? as recently i seen baz sell a phase one i think 1.6 gti with half leathers?? i have searched for a while on here trying to find out the diffences between the diffent phases interior and between the 1.9 and 1.6.

bit sad realy!!

joe1joe

and also the leathers on the phase one and 1.5 are the same? only untill the phase 2 they where diffrent?? maybe some one could show the diffrent interiors peugeot offerd!

Edited by joe1joe

Miles

I'm sure there is a guide somewhere but

The seats where never optional, but as ever if you had enough money you could do anything

but there are

Phase 1 Cloth Seats (Black)

Phase 1.5 Cloth Seats (Grey)

Phase 1.5 Black Cloth Seats (1990)

Phase 2 Black Cloth Seats

Phase 1 and 1.5 Grey Half leather

Phase 1.5 (1990) black H/L

Phase 2 Black H/L

joe1joe

so thay often put black seat in with grey dashes???

so the Phase 1.5 (1990) black H/L had the tweaded hallf leather with a grey dash??

Baz

No, the horrible tweed seats were only fitted to 1.6's around about '88-'89. There was only 2 types of centres on the half leathers, the 2 tone grey contrasted Ph1/1.5 ones, and the Ph1.5/2 black with red checks. So yes these were fitted to some models wih grey dash/trim.

The Phase one i'm selling has had the seats added some time, as had the steel grey i sold a few months ago had the full leathers added, and the Ph2 black and blue 1.6's i have now have also had Ph2 half leathers added, this is very common as the cloth standard fitted ones are prone to bad wear! The only ones to stand up a little better are the tweed ones!

Edited by Baz

joe1joe

so the 1.6s only had cloth as standerd???

phase one is to 86

phase 1.5 is to 87 to 90

and what is the best way to PROVE which phase the car is?

one-lady-owner

Centre console:

Phase 1 had sliding heater controls

Phase 1.5 had grey rotary heater controls

Phase 2 had black rotary heater controls

It's the easiest way I know of telling the difference anyway!!

richsmells

Phase one is totally different, dash, steering wheel, dials. Bit like the t16 in period style.

I like the tweed! There are quite a few variations in the later models, special editions etc.

Carpets and door cards for instance: http://forum.205gtidrivers.com/index.php?showtopic=116019

Edited by richsmells

joe1joe

annnnnnnnd did they only fit electric windows on the 1.9??? alot of questions just when looking at them like to know if they are completely standerd sa they should, it would be good to have a thead like this like the car weights thread so people actualy know what to check on a car if they are after a TOTALY standerd 205 :( there doesnt seem to be much on the web!

Edited by joe1joe

welshpug

Its hard to prove sometimes what phase some cars are meant to be, my April built August registered 89 Phase 1.5 has a BE1 box, but a lot of slightly later cars, even registered at the same time had BE3 boxes.

Similarly mine had Grey half leathers with the two tone grey cloth, cars not much younger had the later pattern.

I have done an engine conversion on an E reg phase 1.5, that had a single 5/6 pin multiplug by the steering column and the rest of the engine electrics going through by the fusebox, and the Tachy relay by the ecu.

And a friend has a P1 E reg as a rally car but has the P 1.5 tailgate and spoiler.

richsmells
annnnnnnnd did they only fit electric windows on the 1.9???

Not sure if they were an option on earlier cars but my Ph2 1.6 had electric windows as a factory option (I have the original sales receipt).

F,G, and early H reg cars seem to use random combinations of parts.

Edited by richsmells

Baz

Electric windows and C/locking seemed to be an option i think. Although tbh these days most cars will have c/locking.