• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Craig89

No Side Repeaters On A Phase 2

Craig89

Hi, i am ordering some new front wings for my Ph2 205 rallye and i would prefer them to not have side repeaters (just for visual reasons really as my car is Ph1 euro inspired). But im just thinking this is going to cause problems come MOT time and i would end up having to swap them over for ones with side repeaters? Am i right in thinking this? What do people think?

Cheers, Craig

steve@cornwall
Hi, i am ordering some new front wings for my Ph2 205 rallye and i would prefer them to not have side repeaters (just for visual reasons really as my car is Ph1 euro inspired). But im just thinking this is going to cause problems come MOT time and i would end up having to swap them over for ones with side repeaters? Am i right in thinking this? What do people think?

Cheers, Craig

Pretty sure you need repeaters on post '85 (?) cars, but could fit them in the mirror case s instead?

EdCherry

stick some on come MOT time, bit of sticky tape and job done!

Craig89

Can you actually do something like that? It would be alright to put them on the wing mirrors because you can run cable inside the mirror? Wouldnt they say thats not where its ment to be etc? Or does this not matter?

Cheers, Craig

will.m

you can just put some temporary ones on the wing mirrors for the MOT :)

Daviewonder

Lets not forget that its not just the mot that matters, if you have an accident due to someone not seeing your indicators and the police or insurance realise you dont have side repeaters you'll be fu**ed!

omega

you can get m3 style mirrors with the indicatores built in but make sure you get the ones that are e marked

might help with the "euro" look

GLPoomobile

More likely to result in the twat look :blink:

Craig89

By euro, i didnt mean slammed with 8" deepdish wheels. By euro i meant french spec 205 rallye lol

phat205

I had non on my previous 205, it was fine for the MOT because the front indicators were visible from the side. wraparound was the word he used.

Matt

pugdamo

As already said side repeaters were compulsary from late 1985 on (think its August),it doesnt matter where they are as long as there present,you can put them in the mirror,stick them on the wings or whatever you want,as long as they are visable from the side and there secure.

mr_exe
More likely to result in the twat look :blink:

My sentiments exactly

205Rallee

My Dec 1989 205 Rallye (TU24) had no side repeaters from new and I've got away with it for MOT's for 17 years, oh yes and the headlights are still LHD....

welshpug

you have VERY slack MOT testers in your area then! you'd get away with the indicators as its an import, but not the headlamps!

or the rear fog lamp come to think of it.

Edited by welshpug

205Rallee
you have VERY slack MOT testers in your area then! you'd get away with the indicators as its an import, but not the headlamps!

or the rear fog lamp come to think of it.

It took them about 10 years to spot the rear fog lamp, which was a really easy swap around as the wires had enough "spare" in them. Think it just depends on how nice you are to theMOT man and find one that's into interesting cars.

The LHD headlights are only a problem on early morning starts driving to events, they are adjusted very heavily not to blind oncoming traffic, will replace them when I smash one...

mikebullock84

my dimma has no side repeaters, and theres no chance of seeing my front indicators that are in the bumper as i have quad lights and big arches! passed no worries, my tester reckoned that if they arent on its ok, but they were in the wing, and not working a fail!

Though im based in the country, hence slack MOT testers and very few police!