• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
205*31*

Drivers Door Issue

205*31*

just bought a 205 gti road rally preped car kitted out nice gonna be used for tracking and sprinting got a 1.9 engine with a 1.6 box goes well :) bit of an issue with the drivers door though when you open door it kinda drops like moves you have to really bang the door shut for it to close properly and when its shut doesn't line up with body work properly, hinge or something? this common on 205s any solutions?

cheers. :)

omega

open door and lift it up and down to check for play

check the door stricker is linneing up with the door catch and the door catch is fully open

Simes

The door pins are probably worn out, hence the dropping.

You can buy these from Peugeot.

205*31*

the door has play up and down can feel it and the door lock on door doesn't line up with catch.

Guest squeebo205

" bit of an issue with the drivers door though when you open door it kinda drops like moves you have to really bang the door shut for it to close properly and when its shut doesn't line up with body work properly, hinge or something?"

i had the same problem, so today i fitted new pins in the hinges and it has helped alot but theres still a bit of play! im thinking a very thin washer in there might help take that last bit of play away, but the new pins sorted most of the problem.

Edited by squeebo205

pug_ham
i had the same problem, so today i fitted new pins in the hinges and it has helped alot but theres still a bit of play! im thinking a very thin washer in there might help take that last bit of play away, but the new pins sorted most of the problem.

If the old hinge pins were worn so badly they can wear the hinge arm on the body meanigg even with brand new pins you'll never get rid of all the play.

See the link above for some solutuions.

Graham.