• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
qwerty

Paint Has Gone Weird On My Pug

qwerty

Does anyone have any ideas what has happen to the paint on my 205?

have had this car for 7yrs now, it was re-painted before I bought the car, just cant understand why it would go like this after so long.

Only noticed this the other day, looks just like water beading on the body, but its not unfortunately, there's water underneath them and it’s gone like this over most of the car.

It sat on my drive, same place it’s always been, and I don’t cover it.

15022010236.jpg

Henry Yorke

Looks like an underpaint perforation :) maybe the paint is a little porous and the recent cold weather has got the rust going underneath. However I am no expert. It will probably go down somewhat as the weather warms up. Try heating up and see if the water evaporates out and the bubble shrinks

Rippthrough

Either rust underneath or the frost has lifted the lacquer, sames happened to my 306, the lacquer is coming off in sheets from the cold where the moisture has sneaked under.

Paintguy

As above, it's either rust bubbling its way through, or more likely moisture caught in the surface before or during painting.

The only complete cure is to strip off the affected layers and repaint. :blush:

toddydal

its more likely to be moisture,like said above primers are really porous thats why you shouldnt wet flat primers down anymore and dry sand only

yeti-dj

my 205 is doing the same on the drivers sill, got it resprayed a few years back, probably bad preparation and now rust or worse still the sill is rotting...

flyfisher

looks like micro blister to me only way out to strip and repaint