• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Raccoon

Removing Car Radios

Raccoon

Hey guys, just wondering if someone could point me in the direction of a guide that shows how to remove car radios. I've got a Citroen AX with a Ripspeed DVD/CD/Radio combo and a 205 Cti with a JVC CD player in and I'm after swapping them around.

Any help is much appreciated.

Bigtimmy

I once had a mate called bacon who could remove any car radio from any car, also windows, handbags, wallets etc. I'd ask him but he isn't around much any more!!!

I tried a google search and came up with the following

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&s...+radio+removal+

And there were quite a few guides in that lot.

As for refitting it is the reverse of removal as Mr Haynes says so often.

Good luck :D

DrSarty

^^ :D ^^

You usually need 'keys'. 2 little aluminium jobbies about 4inches long that you can buy from Halfrauds or a car hi-fi place. There are different kinds, so choose carefully.

Outer trim ring usually clips off once the faceplate is removed, then the 2 keys slot in and allow you to pull the head unit out from its cage. Don't go crazy because it'll be connected at the back to some sort of wiring loom. Unplug that including the aerial lead and lift out.

Depending on the quality of the previous installs, may mean what types of connections are at the back. You may have s*itty bare wires going into 'choc blocs' so you'll need to know what wire does what.

If you're uber lucky, you'll have ISO connectors and once the units are out they'll swap straight across.

Edited by DrSarty

Bigtimmy

That was far more informative than my post........Do what he says, don't bother looking for Bacon, he'll only make a mess!! :D

Raccoon
That was far more informative than my post........Do what he says, don't bother looking for Bacon, he'll only make a mess!! :D

Cheers for your help guys, I spent 10 mins looking for Bacon then gave up :lol: managed to do it with multiple screwdrivers and a pair of plyers... with no damage! Both swapped over now so the AX can go to my girlfriend with a less snazzy CD player lol.