• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
d7ve_b

N/s Door And Wing Suppliers.

d7ve_b

Hi All,

My miami went to the bodyshop on Monday in order to have a new (used) door and new (as in 'new' but I got it off ebay) wing fitted and painted. I've just had a call from the bodyshop saying the wing is a pattern part (i knew that anyway) but is a shoddy fit and the door is full of filler, the door looked mint to me but obviously whoever filled it has done a decent enough job for the untrained eye not to notice ;)

Anyway I now need to source some new/better quality parts. I don't mind if they're new OE items, new pattern part items or used OE items that are in excellent condition (although I am now wary of the last two options). Has anyone got an idea if Peugeot still sell OE wings and doors and if so how much they charge? Or has anyone got actual experience of decent quality pattern parts that actually fit?

I've done some searching the forum but there's no obvious answers and i'd welcome any advice before I speak to the bodyshop and Peugeot tomorrow.

Cheers,

Dave.

jimistdt

I think I read a post by Miles saying you can't get the later wings with the indicator hole in from Pug anymore, only the early ones without.

Bit of a shot in the dark as I've never tried him for panels but Dean at Peugeot Parts is a proper hoarder of bits, well that's his job, but he might be worth giving a shout.

If he has, we can sort something out getting them to you without risking a courier.

d7ve_b
I think I read a post by Miles saying you can't get the later wings with the indicator hole in from Pug anymore, only the early ones without.

Bit of a shot in the dark as I've never tried him for panels but Dean at Peugeot Parts is a proper hoarder of bits, well that's his job, but he might be worth giving a shout.

If he has, we can sort something out getting them to you without risking a courier.

Thanks Jimi, i've posted an enquiry form through the site and will follow it up with a call tomorrow, hopefully they can help ;)

In case they can't, does anyone have any other suggestions?

Cheers,

Dave.

TOYBOY

Can still get doors from Peugeot. Bit dear though, the pair cost me £358, got £90 discount as they put them through as a stock order for me.

chrisj21

Service box list the doors at £538.86 with VAT for the pair ;)

Both wings with indicator holes are still listed and not marked NFP, price £239.70 with VAT for the pair.

Miles

I;ve just ordered 2 wings without the holes, as one side in NLA on the Pug Stock system (Not service box), allot of parts are going this way now more in the last few months than anything for ages.

Wings are around £85.00 each or £100 ish with the ind hole

Last Legend
I;ve just ordered 2 wings without the holes, as one side in NLA on the Pug Stock system (Not service box), allot of parts are going this way now more in the last few months than anything for ages.

Wings are around £85.00 each or £100 ish with the ind hole

Not to thread hijack but is there anything we can do to stop 205 parts becoming unavailable from Peugeout themselves?It seems if you need a widget for ANY kind of Ford you can get them,Peugeot don't seem to give a toss about anything other than new cars.Not good for long term customer loyalty.

welshpug

I'd bet with the fords the parts you're asking for have been used on millions of cars since that vehicle was produced, whereas a lot of parts for the 205 wont have been used on anything else since 1994 or so when production ceased.

Selling parts for old cars doesn't make Peugeot any money, selling millions of brand new cars does.

d7ve_b

Thanks for the replies guys. I'm just on the phone to Peugeot Parts and Peugeot themselves in order to work out a solution. When I have one I'll post it up, hopefully it might help forum members in similar positions.

will.m

never use 247spares.co.uk is all i can say

customer service is terrible, they messed my order up saying i hadn't paid, when the money had already come out of my bank, so it arrived late

i bought a wing from them, it doesnt have the indicator hole for starters, it doesnt line up with the bonnet or the door, and the wheel arch trim doesnt fit properly

fantastic.

has anyone used autofive for wings?

d7ve_b

Just to update people on this. I managed to source a used but solid N/S door and a new OE N/S wing (with repeater hole) from Peugeot Parts (thanks for the recommendation Jimi :)). They're now with the bodyshop for painting and fitment.

Dean from Peugeot Parts has got a serious amount of new and used parts so if you're up north and need some bits i'd recommend taking a look.