• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
mickie

How Much Paint ?

mickie

im going to be almost ready to paint the 205 soon in my garage, i recently painted a friends bonnet/bumpers/skirts and trims which took 2 liters..

not really sure how much i should safely get for the 205 as i want to have enough paint for the base, first time

Paintguy

It depends on so many factors that it's hard to give you even a rough estimate.

The colour you're painting, the substrate colour and type (what you're painting over), whether it's water or solvent borne basecoat, gun choice, technique/experience etc.

To give you an example - you used 2 litres to paint those parts, but I could respray a full 205 with that amount of water base if it was staying roughly the same colour. However, if I was using a greedy gun with lots of overspray (basically wasted paint), and changing a black car into a red one, then I might need twice as much. Someone relatively new to painting might need even more.

With a few more details I might be able to help a bit more, but it would still be an approximation. At the end of the day the best advise I can give is to buy more than you think you'll need. Better to have a bit left over than be stuck on a Sunday afternoon halfway through painting! That extra few quid won't seem like such a saving then :mellow:

flyfisher

hi hope this helps to repaint a 205 it depends on what paint your useing single pack base coat or two pac or water base genral rule of thumb about two litres