• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
ned

Sliding Sunroof Conversion

ned

Hi all, I was wondering has anybody ever converted from the small non sliding sunroof to the peugeot sliding sunroof. Pretty sure it would'nt be too hard to do. The reason Im asking is I dont like the smaller one and think the sliding one adds a lot more character to the car. Im completly refurbing the 205 and it will only be for occasional and show use, heres a few pictures.

nearlystripped.jpg

painted-underside2.jpg

harryskid

Why not just get an open top?

Harryskid ;)

j_turnell

With you car in its current state it may well be easier to replace the roof skin, finding one in a scrappy and drilling out the spot welds is a cheap option, not sure if you can get them from pug. The reason i suggest this is the roof skin has a fair bit of reinforcing in it with the vaccum sunroof due to the size of the hole and the added weight of the glass etc, which yours will lack, assuming it was a non sunny then converted.

cheers, James

ned
With you car in its current state it may well be easier to replace the roof skin, finding one in a scrappy and drilling out the spot welds is a cheap option, not sure if you can get them from pug. The reason i suggest this is the roof skin has a fair bit of reinforcing in it with the vaccum sunroof due to the size of the hole and the added weight of the glass etc, which yours will lack, assuming it was a non sunny then converted.

cheers, James

Never thought about the Extra strenthening in the sliding sunroof models, would'nt really be possible so. Dont really want to go to the trouble of cutting off roof skins.

Think I'll just put back in the same one. Thanks for the advice anyway.