• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Pete Parkin

Torsion Bar Plug

Pete Parkin

This will probably be a simple one so excuse me for asking.

The rear suspension torsion bar plug , to remove this does it just drift out, I have given mine a few hearty taps nothing excessive yet, but they seem pretty solid and i did not want to go mad on them without being sure that they did not unscrew or something ?

any advice/abuse welcome

cheers

SurGie

If you mean the shouldered bolt then yes it unscrews and they can be very hard to unscrew. Try some freeze release spray on it or heat it up

with a blow torch.

Tom Fenton

What do you mean by plug matey?

Daviewonder

do you mean the domed thing with the slot cut in it? if you do they unscrew.

Super Josh

If you mean the plastic plug? Then just hammer in an oversize torx bit and then unwind in the usual manner :lol:

Josh

Pete Parkin

The part I meant is the bit Davie is referring to ,the bit that the shouldered bolt in the end of the torsion bar goes through , then is locked with the locknut, thanks everyone for the replies , so good job I did not try too hard to knock them out. ;)

Tom Fenton

They do screw in, but good luck getting one out- I've never managed it yet, without destroying them in the process.

Pete Parkin

Cheers Tom , a bit Like most bits on 205's really , they come off but get destroyed in the process , I was going to fit new ones any way after getting the rear beam powdercoated