• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Masekwm

Brake Hose In Front Or Behind Droplinks?

Masekwm

Hello,

MOT yesterday and failed on two items:-

1. Passenger Worn droplink

2. Drivers side droplink interfering with brake hose.

I've fixed 1 with a new DL, however the tester said 2 is because the hose was infront of the droplink. So I've taken out the DL and put the brake hose behind it.

On checking the passenger side the brakehose goes infront of the drop link.

I'm confused why it's not failed on both sides? Or is it due to the way the parts move about during steering? Should both hoses go behind or passenger side in front, drivers side behind?

Thanks,

Keith

matthewm

Got aeroquip hoses on mine and they defiantly come around in front of the drop link, cant think how the standard hoses would route behind the drops, perhaps the hose is not attached to the strut bracket on the drivers side - causing it to touch the drop link???

Masekwm

It was in the holder but not fully inserted, a quick check of the articles show OOJ:-

307brakes7.jpg

I best swap it back and put the hose fully into the holder for the retest

Masekwm

Does the above look right to anyone? I've put it back to that now, checked for touching on lock to lock and can't get it touch but I'm worried with my retest on Saturday.

Thanks

Keith

BusEngineer

Stripped my drivers side suspension down yesterday and mine looked exactly like the picture above

Well nearly the same as mines a lot rustier!! :P been sat 12 months!

Edited by BusEngineer

shalmaneser

Pic above is spot on.

Mine actually failed on something similar to this last year but that was because I hadn't got it secured to the strut properly.

Also make sure the solid brake pipe is attached to the inner arch mount properly.

Masekwm

Tester wasn't happy today as the gap isn't as big as it was with the standard hoses on, but he passed it anyway :D I'll have to get a new braided hose made up though.