• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
liamb

Wont Stay Straight

liamb

i cant keep my car straight it keeps veering off when i put my foot down i have changed the anti roll bar the droplinks i have had it digitally tracked this helped for a while there is the same air pressure in all the tyres it passed its mot last week so im pressuming its not the track rod ends its really bugging me now can anybody help with this situation

Simes

Sounds like either worn wishbone bushes or worn wishbone ball joints.

It`s a very common problem.

Cameron

Yeah, jack the car up and give each front wheel a bloody good wiggle. You should be able to feel if anything is excessively worn.

dynacord
Sounds like either worn wishbone bushes

i had the same issue. I've put new bushes all round and I was like re-born :lol:

woodsy

as said the wishbone bushes probably especially the front ones.Failing that could be balljoint.If it is the bushes you better of getting genuine ones as

motor factor ones are crap.Or get poly ones.

richsmells

New wishbone bushes were probably one of the most noticeable improvements (after a recon beam ;) ). Standard pug ones are polyurethane.

MerlinGTI

Wishbone bushes.

If you decide on new wishbones (balljoints are not replaceable) Peugeot want £500, and motorfactor ones are hopeless. The answer? :

www.motaparts.com (seems to be down at mo?)

Or anyone that supplies MotaQuip wishbones. Bush's are Kleber (OE)

2-Pugs
Wishbone bushes.

If you decide on new wishbones (balljoints are not replaceable) Peugeot want £500, and motorfactor ones are hopeless. The answer? :

www.motaparts.com (seems to be down at mo?)

Or anyone that supplies MotaQuip wishbones. Bush's are Kleber (OE)

Think they might be more than that, I remember looking them up on servicebox a while ago and they were something like £330 each :ph34r: I'm all for genuine parts, but hold a minute :wub:

How much do the MotaQuip ones normally retail for then?

one-lady-owner

Speak to Miles, I seem to remember him selling pairs (I think, my memory is truly crap) for about the £130 mark, possibly £130 each, I can't remember, but they are motaquip ones!

MerlinGTI

Think I paid £110 (NS & OS) all in a while back.

Im pretty sure Peugeot are suppling motorquip wishbones anyway, the guy at motorquip did tell me they supply pug themself's for certain bits now (which is the trend as car models get older) and im pretty sure someone on here said the same.

mickie

as has been said 20 times, bushes :huh:

what does my head in, is garages missing faults like this. i'd rather be told of stuff like this but some mot garages seem to miss out loads sometimes.. its ok if you dont wanna spend much but for times like this, it would help..

as you've come on here thinking everything must be spot on after a mot but still have a problem, hmmm

jackherer

205 GTIs seem to react very badly to worn bushes compared to other cars I've had. The bushes only need to be slightly loose to mess the handling up badly, the same level of wear can be acceptable in a more compliant softly sprung car which is why some MOT places will pass a 205 with pretty dangerous handling.

Tom Fenton
Standard pug ones are polyurethane.

It is the standard anti roll bar mounts that are Polyurethane.

The standard lower arm bushes are rubber, but they have an extra metal sleeve bonded into them which makes them stiffer than aftermarket bushes that seem not to have this sleeve.

philfingers

I bought Kleber bushes once from an aftermarket supplier, but i'm bu**ered if I can remember who it was. they were in a red packet and where about £5 each