• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Adamrallye

What Brakes Could Be Fitted To My Rallye

Guest Adamrallye

My 205 Rallye had a brake coversion sometime in its life

I thought they were 306 D 266MM disks brakes, however I have ordered 2 different types of these pads and they don't fit at all.

I have measured the disks and they are 266MM , not the smaller disks which I believe are 246 MM or something??

Am I right in saying GTI-6 brakes are too big for 14" steelies , soo what else could they be???

I am getting a bit desperate as I am going to cadwell park on thursday, am at uni and the car is stuck with my mechanic! :)

cheers

adam

RossD

Post a picture of the calipers up on here and I'm sure we'll be able to help. :)

Guest Adamrallye

Good point , I will go and collect the car in a bit and try and get some pics up

Guest Adamrallye

My mechanic took a video of the pads not a picture and I cant get any pics due to being at uni

But would 306 S16 fit , as I believe it may be them through looking at pictures of the disks and callipers

Cheers

Adam

welshpug

what are the calipers?

They could be Girling, Lucas or Bosch, there are two or three types of 266mm disc too, the height and thickness varies.

Guest Adamrallye

I believe they are 1.5 or 2 MM in width off the top of my head and were vented "like"

Soo annoying I dont have the car so I could just have a look! :lol:

thanks