• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
harley

Citroen Zx Rear Shocks

harley

As per title really.

She failed the mot the other day and a friend has agreed to lend me some zx rear shocks that he was planning to put on his 205 project.

Planning on sourcing some better shocks myself but I am penniless at the moment and just need some to get me through my retest!

Also got a front wheel bearing to do on saturday which should be fun, after alot of reading through past threads I have armed myself with some scaffold and am preparing for the worst!

Edited by harley

welshpug

yup they'll fit just fine, also if they're in decent nick most will be a decent upgrade if they are original or uprated units :)

for the wheel bearing unless you have a press I'd strip it all down to the hub carrier and get a lift/walk to your local friendly garage and ask them to press the bearings for you.

yes the scaff bar is often handy if the nuts have been on there and tightened up fully in the past :lol:

harley

yeah, spoken to a local garage already. just need to get things done quickly because they close at 12 on a saturday!

These shocks are coming from the fast zx (don't know what it was called), my friend bought it to transfer the 1.9 engine and all the running gear over to his 205 but so far in the last two years has only managed to find the time to get the parts he wants out of the zx and stripped the new engine to rebuild it.

Looking forward to seeing how it handles with these shocks as I bought my car with GMAX rear dampers and didn't realise until the mot that the nearside is completely shagged!

welshpug

fast zx was simply called a "16v" which is the S16/2.0 MI16 RFY engine,

or the not so fast 128 bhp 1.9 "Volcane" the D6E, very similar to the D6B 205 1.9 gti engine with a different intake manifold, unless it had a Cat.

The dampers will be more than up to the job, often a little shorter than 306 and 205 ones so would suit a lowered 205 well.

just noticed you said it was a 1.9, so it'd be a Volcane, is the ecu and wiring loom and a few other bits available from the zx?

Edited by welshpug

harley

Well I can sort of remember him saying it was a 2.0L 16v? Anyway, not too bothered as long as they fit and work for the time being! Am I right in thinking these are the same shocks from a gti6?

Nothing left from the car that he doesn't want I'm afraid. He had the leftovers scrapped when he moved house.

welshpug

no they wont be the same as a gti6, they'll have a higher damping rate if they were off a 16v as its a lighter car with stiffer torsion bars!

harley
no they wont be the same as a gti6, they'll have a higher damping rate if they were off a 16v as its a lighter car with stiffer torsion bars!

is that a good thing or a bad thing? (excuse my lack of knowledge)