• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Rich_p

Paint Damage From Bird Cr@p & Egg!

Rich_p

A word of advice if you car gets egged and or shat on by birds clean it asap.

I’ve been lazy and left mine for a fair few months, had the civic cleaned yesterday and now both the egg and shat look to be permanently part of my silver paintwork.

What can I use to try and sort this out? Will t cut colour restorer or autoglym paint restorer help would you think?

SurGie

Darker cars suffer worse than light coloured cars from bird s*it, its down to the acid as birds digestive system if very strong.

The best thing to do when the s*it has dried is to wet a paper towel and place it on top till its got soggy again, then wipe off.

As i cant see the marks i would say that polishing it with a good polisher and Autoglym shine stuff should be enough to help get it off. With the weather

been cold i would say its not going to be as bad as it would have been if it was hot all the time.

DamirGTI
What can I use to try and sort this out?

Shotgun and plenty of ammo ! :)

Mild polishing compound should do the mark disappearing trick :lol:

Damir

toddydal

if its ate in to much you may have to block the area with 1500-2000 wet and dry then machine polish it with compound

Ludi
Shotgun and plenty of ammo ! ;)

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Rich_p

Well it would appear the car cleaning place was rubbish, I was cleaning a tiny spot of mold (its got a leak I need to sort) from one of the sun visors using some anti Bacterial spray and thought I'd give the marks on the bodywork a spray, suprisingly they came straight off!

I'll attack all of the effected areas with it then give the whole car some wax or polish to protect it as it's more than overdue some.

stegti6

dont use washing up liquid on ya car,its not good.