• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
splant

Anti Roll Link Bars

splant

are them 5 quiders on ebay any good? suppose not for that much posted free as well

BusEngineer

Terrible!!

Tried them myself and they're are knocking already, probably done about 2500 miles before i took it off the road

Motaquip ones are the ones to get apparently fella

So just a case of ringing around a few of our local motorfactors and asking whether they can supply them

EdCherry

Same thing with wishbones dont fit anything less than motaquip...

shalmaneser

GSF high quality items are OE quality. Lemforder i think.

RossD

I've tried the cheap Ebay ones several times for several different cars (205, 306, Xsara) and they are pants. They start knocking after only a few hundred miles - not because they are worn out but because the balljoint gets so stiff it doesn't move smoothly. Avoid. I managed to get some Delphi ones from my local motorfactor for about £15 and they have lasted a good 30k on the Xsara so far, in fact the 205 has got Delphi ones too and they are fine.

Also the Ebay ones are usually 106 ones which dont fit the 205 as the studs on the link bars are M12 instead of M10 I believe!

Tom Fenton

I must have been lucky, I fitted a pair of el cheapo drop links to my car when I overhauled it 2 years ago, it has done about 12k miles since then and they are still OK. Although the rubber boots have perished and split, but this seems to happen to all modern rubber boots regardless of cheap or dear components, they must be made out of some eco friendly crap rubber these days.

Rippthrough

I used to got through them like lightning, although I don't think playing on gravel roads helped, personally I found the Lemforder ones lasted a lot longer than most.

joe1joe

tom fenton, i agree i spend half my time replacing rubber boots, i seem to get threw alot of cv boots, and the trackrod end boots dont last long.... all from gsf.

splant

oops id already bought them ,something very rewarding about doing this little job the old ones hadnt ripped but were real loose and rusty under the boots [i wonder where the grease disapears to ], anyway ive removed the boots on the new uns and put more grease in so ill see how they last ....depends how many pot holes you hit i suppose

MerlinGTI

I fitted GSF ones about 2 years ago and they are still going strong. Quite expensive (about £18 each IIRC) but im well happy with them.

Talking of pants rubber, if I have to change another set of TRE's due to buggered boots im going to go rose jointed :( Will go for Pug OE next as a last resort but thats it :)