• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
locosaki

What Brakes

benlilly
standard hose may fit then if its long enough.

Benilly,your set up looks excellent, are those standard type discs with the centres removed or proper rotors? al

Hi Al,

The rotors are from Elise Parts. I couldn't find an off the shelf disc with the right offset. The offset was driven by the caliper position which had to be a fair way inboard to clear my std 1.9GTi speedlines.

I'll start a new thread in one of the 'projects' area with more pictures and the drawings of the parts.

Ben

craig_007

I'm going to use the 283 x26mm discs from a 307 hdi but I am going to have to run with wheel spacers on the front to clear the calipers.

Spacer thickness is unknown as of yet.

Craig

locosaki

Hi guys,

I've just been and fitted my Lotus 2 pot calipers tonight,I've still to test from speed yet though !!

I ended up using 266mm x 22mm thick discs with a 34mm offset to try and centralise the disc on the caliper,Actually works out rather well.

I've used 5mm spacers on the front though as the 1900gti alloys don't clear the AP calipers,Neither did my C5 alloys.

shalmaneser

Ben,

That setup looks great, what's the offset of the alloy bell discs? and rough price?

Can they be got behind the standard 1.9 wheel?

Will be interested to read the whole writeup.

Cameron

Ben's write-up is on page 2 of the projects starters forum.

I'm also doing this conversion but will be using 280mm x 25.4mm AP rotors with brackets and bells machined to suit. We've got some super-accurate scales at uni so I'll take all my bits in and weigh them.