• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Sergio205

Rear Stub Axle Lenth (+)

Sergio205

Can anyone confirm or disapprove that the length of the stub axle on the rear trailing arm is different on the cars with rear drums vs rear disk brakes? (if both are non ABS models)

Does the width of the installed drums 180x30mm earlier models vs 180x40mm later models influence the length of the stub axle?

I am going to convert from drum rear brakes into disc rear brakes and chase the web for the technical issues/problems I can meet doing the conversion

pug_ham

The stub axle length is definately different between the drum & disc arms but not between the different drums.

All the difference is in the drum width is the brake shoe width / contact area of 30mm or 40mm.

Try a search on here as it has been covered indepth before.

Graham.

Sergio205
The stub axle length is definately different between the drum & disc arms but not between the different drums.

All the difference is in the drum width is the brake shoe width / contact area of 30mm or 40mm.

Try a search on here as it has been covered indepth before.

Graham.

I have 40 mm drum on one side and 30 mm drum on the other - thanks to a previous owner and I can say that drums themselves are different in width not only the shoes. I guessed that stub axels for discs and wider (40 mm) drums are the same.

Waiting for disc type hubs to arrive and then I'll see if they fit drum stub axels. Thanks.

welshpug
I have 40 mm drum on one side and 30 mm drum on the other - thanks to a previous owner and I can say that drums themselves are different in width not only the shoes. I guessed that stub axels for discs and wider (40 mm) drums are the same.

Waiting for disc type hubs to arrive and then I'll see if they fit drum stub axels. Thanks.

They wont fit properly I'm afraid, there'd not enough thread for the nuts to tighten safely, you will NEED to use disc stub axles with disc hubs.

Sergio205
They wont fit properly I'm afraid, there'd not enough thread for the nuts to tighten safely, you will NEED to use disc stub axles with disc hubs.

Read on this forum that some folks managed to screw on and tighten a nut. It was said that it depends on how thread on the nut is close to its outer edge.

welshpug

too close in my opinion, the nut cannot be staked securely.

Sergio205
too close in my opinion, the nut cannot be staked securely.

Failed to find a part number for stub axels - are them available separately from trailing arms? Do you know a part number for a stub axle of correct length for rear discs?

dynacord

I would like to get this information, also :)

I put all my skills in searching the peugotsport website but I wasn't able to find this one (only axle, without the arm)

pug_ham

I've just tried searching for them on the Peugeot sport france website & can't find them either. wacko.gif

The length of the drum brake stub axle;

Rear Stub Pin 1900 Discs (7240-1N)

Gp N Rear Stub Pin 1900 Discs, Plain Shank Length 105.0mm

Rear Stub Pin 1600 Drums

Gp N Rear Stub Pin 1600 Drums, Plain Shank Length 98.0mm

306 & ZX? stub axles (I assume disc only? );Gp N Rear Stub Pin for Standard Arms - Plain Shank Length 110,0mm

Graham.

Sergio205
I've just tried searching for them on the Peugeot sport france website & can't find them either. :(

The length of the drum brake stub axle;

Rear Stub Pin 1900 Discs (7240-1N)

Gp N Rear Stub Pin 1900 Discs, Plain Shank Length 105.0mm

Rear Stub Pin 1600 Drums

Gp N Rear Stub Pin 1600 Drums, Plain Shank Length 98.0mm

Graham.

Graham, thanks!

dynacord

Thank you very much for this info !!

Really helpful (not only for me I guess)

regards, Alex